Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,099.99
The previous price was $1,299.99
Questionwhat is the difference between MacBook Air with an M1 chip (2020 model) and MacBook Pro with an M1 chip (2020 modelI)?
- Answer First of all, the Macbook Pro has a touchbar right above the keyboard, that you can use to interact with whatever you have on the screen. The design of the laptop is also more square and sharp. It has a bigger battery, and unlike the Macbook Air, it has a fan. This means that the CPU will have a slightly higher clock speed (more performance). If you don't need higher performance or the touchbar the Air is probably a better choice.
- Answer In terms of hardware, the Pro features an OLED touchbar at the top of its keyboard rather than a row of function keys. The Pro also comes with 8 GPU cores by default. The Air only has 7 GPU cores unless specially configured. The difference in cores should only have a small impact on graphics in most contexts. Internally, the Pro has a fan that provides active cooling to the CPU and GPU cores, allowing it to sustain high levels of performance for longer than the Air. And although both are thin-and-light machines, the Air is going to be somewhat lighter. The Air's body has a wedge shape that helps it feel thinner. The Pro will feel a bit blockier, and its fan will create some noise when the system is dealing with heavy performance loads. The Pro's screen maxes out at 500 nits of brightness, 25% brighter than the Air's, but both screens are similar in terms of color gamut and accuracy. The Pro has a larger battery, which should deliver longer endurance than the Air when performing similar tasks. Battery life for all machines like this will depend heavily on what they're being used for, however. If you're performing demanding tasks, it may be that the Air actually lasts a bit longer than the Pro, because the Air will throttle performance more. The Pro will engage its active fan to stay faster for longer. Both computers run identical MacOS versions, so the only software differences will most likely relate to the OLED touchbar on the Pro. Software is used to configure what appears in the touchbar, while the Air always has the same set of hardware function keys at the top of its keyboard. Overall, the Pro seems designed for people who want a thin-and-light machine that can tap into the best of its hardware performance for sustained periods of time. The Air makes a small sacrifice in sustained performance in exchange for an even thinner and lighter design along with silent operation at all times.
QuestionI am in the market for a MacBook (first time buyer), and was curious which one would be more recommended for at student? I’m looking at the MacBook Air (M1,2020) or the MacBook Pro (M1,2020)
- Answer Bought my wife a MacBook Air for school and it did her just fine. I bought MacBook Pro recently to stream. This thing is a work horse but it’s more powerful internally obviously. If you’re just gonna use it for school and music. Netflix. Etc etc grab the air. If you’re looking for more power then the pro is for you. Don’t forget to use your student discount.
- Answer No. However, you can connect your MacBook Pro to HDMI using the a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. (sold separately)
- Answer No, not even a flash drive port
- Answer Best Buy did match a lower price for me that was advertised on Amazon. You do need to first call the customer service number, though, so the representative can verify the lower price before you make your purchase. He/she will then send you a link to an adjusted price receipt and you can continue with your payment method.. Very smooth and easy process.
QuestionI just purchased a new Mac Book pro; should the information list on the box Apple M1 chip and latest model. If so my new still in the box Mac is not the latest version.
- Answer I could not fully understand the question you asked. User manual missing?
- Answer The 13" MacBook Pro definitely has the power and speed to handle photo editing. Photo Shop will work on it. It has a lot of settings available for color. I would say yes it is good for photo editing. With Photo Shop I would make sure I had an adequate swap disk available (an extra large capacity hard drive or SSD. One can attach another large monitor if needed. It depends on what you need. Take a look at Apple's website and compare all the options available. The Mac comes with Rosetta software so your older software should work. Older hard drives, thumb drive, and cards work but you need a "stick" allowing you to plug them into the new Mac. The new 13" MacBook Pro, M1 is a very capable machine.
I would recommend:
- Answer It doesn't work directly with the MacBook, but if you have an iPad, you can connect it using SideCar as a 2nd display and use the pencil that way. With SideCar, you can use your iPad as a 2nd display or mirror your screen as well. I find that it work really well. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 2020 model and the screen is almost the same size, so it is almost seamless.
- Answer The DigitalColor Meter is an application that comes installed with every Mac. Its primary use is to locate a color on your screen and provide the values of that color. Those colors can be provided as three different values such as RGB, Hexadecimal, and as a percentage.
- Answer The retina screen on the 13” MacBook Pro has a resolution of 2560 by 1600 @ 60hz.
- Answer Same. The MacBook Air is the lowest price MacBook and you can call it a notebook I suppose. All just different names for a laptop computer.
QuestionDoes Best Buy offer price matching on the MacBook Pro for students with the student discount?
- Answer I dont think so but you could try
QuestionI have never bought a Mac before looking at the Apple 13 pro do any programs come Installed on this operating system. And if not where do I purchase programs and for how much
- Answer Depends on what applications you are looking for.... It comes installed with all of the Mac apps that you do not have to purchase (i.e Pages, Notes, Numbers iMovie and GarageBand). There are quite a bit of apps through the App Store that you can purchase or that are for free. Again, just like any computer, it just depends on what type of app you are looking for.
- Answer Make sure the printer is on and connected to the Wi-Fi. Go to the App Store type in the printer brand follow the instructions you can link your printer from there.