Questions & Answers
- Answer I’ve been waiting for 5 hours, some have waited only 10 minutes. Unfortunately there’s no way of telling with this website despite them stating it takes up to (at most) an hour.
- Answer No. $5 cards are digital only. You cannot buy a physical $5 card.
QuestionCan I buy this from the UK and give my friend in America the code on Christmas Day as a gift?
- Answer Yes, since this code is a North American code.
QuestionWhat is the difference of Digital and Physical? I want to buy this $99 gift card and deliver to Washington state to my 12 year old grandson.
- Answer It functions exactly the same, except the code that would be on the physical card is just emailed to you. The downside is you don't get a physical copy of the card. But they'll email you the code, and you can just forward that to your grandson. Really quick process, and pretty painless!
QuestionMy son got this $35 Nintendo eShop gift card for Christmas. He scratched the back (to reveal the redemption code) so hard that he scrapped off some characters. How can I get this card devalued and get a new $35 card? Thanks
- Answer If you have the ticket call Nintendo customer service and they will send a new code. This has happened to me in the past and that's what I did. I've been purchasing digital cards ever since.
- Answer Yes! I buy these for my son. You upload them to your switch and then you can make purchases to games such as fornite or other in-app/game purchases in your switch. The codes are pretty long just like iTunes cards. Its not difficult to upload them.
QuestionHello, I purchased two cards on Monday and I have no news ever since (no emails or whatsoever). I have no way to contact you but here, how long will it take for you to send the redeem code please? Thank you.
- Answer That happened to me before. I did receive one email one day later acknowledging the Nintendo e-card I got, but a week went by with no follow up email giving me a code to redeem the money. I chatted with a representative online, who gave me the number for Bestbuy's customer service and asked me to call customer service. Bestbuy's customer service people were able to get the code for the e-card money to me. Have your order number(s) for the two cards ready for customer service. Good luck.
- Answer Got less than 10 min. Sometimes its sent to spam. If you look for digital code, it will normally pop up. And i always buy digital games
- Answer Sorry, USA only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QuestionIs there a purchase limit on these cards? For example maximum 2-3? I bought one $99 card on one order then tried to buy a second $99, a $70, and this $20 all on a second order but that order is not completing like the first one did.
- Answer Not that I'm aware of. They do verified you via email and also warn you about "scams" that involve gift cards.
- Answer Make sure your card number and exp date is ok. (Sometimes we forget to update everything when we get new cards from the bank with the updated exp). Also make sure your popup thing is off. I typically shop on my iPhone and some sites I have to exit out of “private” mode and open up the store page via “non private” search. Ps-This will also help you save some passwords to the different stores and sites you long into. Sorry if you already know this.. just passing on the knowledge Ps-Excuse any mistakes, sent using my iPhone
- Answer No this is for the Nintendo eshop only.
QuestionCan the electronic gift cards be sent to different people? I'm trying to purchase them and send as gifts to my nieces. Thanks
- Answer the Best Buy account that makes the purchase will receive an email with the code. you can forward the code in that email to the intended recipient if you like. keep in mind the codes can be redeemed by anyone, at any time. there is no mechanism to insure only the intended recipient can redeem the code. You can redeem the code on the console or in a web browser.
- Answer No, unfortunately not. I’ve tried several times and they won’t let you use Best Buy gift cards on these. Both online and in store are a no-go.
- Answer No, there is no shipping charge on digital products.
- Answer From my understanding, if you are trying to use a 5$ credit to buy a 5$ gift card it will be canceled and you need to purchase a 10$ one. Otherwise, it would likely be the credit card company is declining.