Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,159.99
The regular price is $2,399.99
QuestionHey, hows the battery life been? I am considering this for work and play. Would just be doing basic work activities (No graphics/video editing stuff) and would like to know how the battery has been. For gaming, I would only do that plugged in. Thanks!
- Answer Hey Blove, I have had this laptop going on a month now. I have used it at the airport unplugged for basic browsing activities and movies before and surprisingly it last about 8 hours! keep it on battery saver mode of course and unplugged gaming you can get about 2 hours but obviously thats not recomended. I do hardcore video editing and rendering and this laptop has had 0 issues in doing so I use to have a Razer Blade PRO 17 2018 Edition and can tell you this laptop is light years ahead of that one. Gaming on this laptop is absolute butter as the screen refresh rate has been a consistent 70-140 FPS on about any game I play which has mostly been Monster Hunter World and Outer worlds. I run both on ultra at about 70- 100 FPS. I hope I helped im not all tech number savy but I am a gamer and developer and can tell you this will be one of the best Laptops you can buy on the market! Hope this helped!
- Answer Undervolt the CPU. It's simple to do and will knock almost 20 degrees celsius off of your CPU temps. This is a no brainer. Above the function keys(F1 through F12) when gaming without the CPU undervolted and without the fans manually turned to 5500RPM, the surface can literally cook food that's how hot it gets. UNDERVOLT THE CPU. A simple YouTube search for the 9750H undervolt using CoreTemp and ThrottleStop is a simple task.
QuestionWhat is the refresh rate of the screen? It should be 144Hz for 2070MaxQ model but just for double check.
- Answer Its 144, they do have a 240 screen with the same specs. Id steer away from it, they seem to have several issues with that screen. This model with the 144 has been flawless for me.
- Answer There is one USB Type C port on the right side. It is capable of Thunderbolt 3
QuestionIs this laptop upgradable? Can you upgrade the RAM? (How many slots and max ram) Same with the SSD. I am assuming only room for one SSD, if so is it upgradable? Thank you!
- Answer It is. The drive can be swapped for any nvme drive up to 2 terabytes and the RAM can be upgraded up to 64 gigabytes. It also supports XMP profiles for the RAM.
QuestionI see that it’s open box. Does it have any damage, parts missing, anything that would cause it to not work? And is it in great condition?
- Answer Mine was a digital down load. My advice for this purchase is the subscription should be for a year.
- Answer No, this Advanced model doesn't have it. The Blade 15 Base model counterpart has the Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Answer Coil whine issue rarely exist but varies as it is considered a result of a physical process that's tied on how the device is utilized. Just in case you experience it on your Razer unit, you can contact our support team for further assistance.
- Answer Yes, I actually purchased mine for the specific purpose of using it with a Rift S, and it works flawlessly. Note, that your sessions may need to be kept shorter, as the cooling on a laptop will not be as efficient as a tower PC, so it will get hot. Using it with one of those laptop fan systems that sit under the laptop may help. Otherwise, this is one of the best laptops you can get for VR. Have fun!
I would recommend: