Questions & Answers
QuestionHow long is the "wrinkle-free cycle" supposed to be?I believe the dryer is supposed to turn off by itself but mine keeps on running on the wrinkle-free cycle for a while. I ended up opening the door to check if clothes were dried once I opened the door then the dryer turned itself off.
- Answer Wrinkle Free is just to keep the clothes from sitting after the normal drying cycle has ended. It itself is not a cycle. It should keep going until you open the door and turn off.
QuestionOn the right are those touch buttons? If you push to hard can you break through? I’ve had touch buttons on my micro and stove and the husband always pushes to hard, so the less buttons he pushes the better.
- Answer Good question CLS! The right-hand side of the control panel are actual buttons, but they do not require very much pressure. ^Jecca
Questionhow does the santize cycle work?
- Answer The Sanitize cycle in the DV45H7000EW works by infusing high temperatures deep into the fabric during the drying cycle. To use it, simply rotate the selector dial until the Sanitize light is illuminated and press the Start/Pause button. - Ms. Samsung
Questiondo you have a washer that is 26 1/2" wide, 36" tall and 28 1/2" deep? Do you install, if so, how much?
- Answer No I do not, and no I do not, but if the price is right, ($35 thousand dollars) I will change my answer! 2 years since you asked, I just felt you needed to be answered. I'm sure you've found something that works for you by now though. If you have to be that specific about a dryers size (Note that a few extra inches for depth will be needed for the dryer duct!) You should find a new location for your machines! These things need space! You never want to pack a dryer in a small space. Heat needs to escape!
- Answer Thanks for your interest in the DV45H7000EW. This model was launched prior to this year, when Energy Star set new standards for measuring the energy efficiency of Clothes Dryers, so does not qualify for Energy Star. It does, however, feature Sensor Dry options which can help save energy and when coupled with one of Samsung's HE Washers, the pair can save energy overall compared to conventional washer/dryer pairs. - Ms. Samsung
QuestionThis dryer has stopped heating after 1-1/2 years. I have replaced heating element, thermistor, and control board, test voltage. Had a company come check everything I’ve done. They recommended the control board which was not the issue. Any other ideas?!
- Answer You've already spent enough that you could have bought a new one. Control panel is your best bet. Have they checked the power from the panel to the heating element? The panels aren't cheap. Best bet to cut your loses is just buy a new dryer.
QuestionWhen the clothes are finished. Why does the dryer keep coming on. It will do it several times should I be concerned
- Answer It's the annoying wrinkle protection feature. It will come on and off until you physically open the door or turn the dial to off. All night long... No way for owner to disable that I've found. And it doesn't help with wrinkles either.
- Answer Hello Dnb! Troubleshooting steps depend on the symptoms being experienced. You can check out our support page by following this link (https://bit.ly/2E8YbvS) and use the search bar to help you find what you're looking for. You can also reach out to us directly to better assist you. To contact us, please reference ticket number 1139171196 and use one of the following options: Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport; Toll-free call (Mon-Fri: 9AM-6PM EST): 1-833-REVIEW8 (1-833-738-4398); Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513. ^Jecca
- Answer 1 year. I found out last weekend and had to make a repair myself and am sharing what I've learned.
- Answer Comforters and quilts will fit but you will have to keep removing them and folding them so the outside areas get dry in turns. Eventually, the entire piece will get dry but it's best to spread them out on a bed or over a railing for a few days to make sure before you pack them up for the season.
QuestionWe just purchased this from Best Buy. Every time we run the dryer, condensation forms in the control panel. We replaced the vent ductwork, thinking they might have been blocked...but it's still happening. Has this happened to anyone else???
- Answer We bought this and have not had any issues yet.
QuestionHas anyone else had a problem with the "sensor dry" cycles not drying their stuff? We use it on every cycle, have it set to "very dry" (the highest option) and still have to run things twice. It's 1 month old and has been like this since we got it.
- Answer Have you cleaned out or checked your dryer vent ? Not sure but it maybe clogged??
QuestionDoes the depth of the dryer, from front to back include the space needed for venting, or is that extra inches? I have limited space in laundry closet.
- Answer No it does not. You must allow for extra space (6 to 8 inches)
QuestionIs it normal for the light on the dial and the cycle display to flash when the dryer is running.
- Answer Yes, mine does as well