Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $699.99
The previous price was $1,259.99
QuestionI want to open the door with my right hand. But It use left hand in the picture. Can I change the position of the handle?
- Answer I have great news for you! This model has a reversible door. That means, that during installation you can switch the door to open from the other direction. In fact, Page 23 of the user manual (https://bit.ly/3y3hIrP) begins the section of instructions on how to do this. ^Jecca
QuestionHi, Can someone tell me . Are the shelves adjustable and can the drawers be replaced with more shelves. This model would be perfect for my needs if shelves top to bottom. And even better if adjustable. thanks
- Answer Unfortunately you cannot remove drawers even though there is a piece of glass that serves as a cover at the top of each drawer. I consulted with the manufacturer and they advise against removing drawers and using as shelf only in bottom.
- Answer Thanks so much for asking! According to page 15 of the user manual (https://bit.ly/2QHiQAa), the refrigerator requires a location with a temperature range between 38 °F (3 °C ) and 110 °F (43 °C). ^Jecca
QuestionWhat are the electrical requirements and does it require a special outlet for two placed side by side?
- Answer Each unit requires 120V 3-prong outlet. Based on Energyguide estimated electrical usage is 361 kwh which is 992 watts or approximately 124 running watts. Using Ohm’s law divide wattage by voltage. Since you do not want to overload a 20 amp circuit more than 80 percent, I would say no more than 2 units per breaker and consult with electrician for requirements specific to your home.
- Answer No it is one or the other.
QuestionCan the handle be changed out?
- Answer Yes but the handle that comes with it actually helps pop the seal on the door for you so it is very nice. It has to be put on the fridge upon arrival so im sure if you found something with the same spacing it would work. The holes for the handle are on the side not the front.
QuestionI read to be careful to not overload the drawers.Just how much weight can the drawers take & what type of food items are you suppose to put in them, apparently no jars but pkgs can be heavy. What are they made of-light weight material or sturdy plastic?
- Answer Not sure to the weight limit of the drawers but i put 24 cans of seltzer water in the smallest one and it worked fine. Id probably assume no more than 15-20lbs?
QuestionWhat is the distance measured from the drawers to the top of the fridge (inside?) How much height is there between the main shelves?? Thank you
- Answer The distance between shelves on door is 8.75 inches. The distance between other shelves is 7.5 inches with the exception of the distance from top drawer and bottom shelf being 7.75 inches. The distance from top drawer to top of interior refrigerator is 24 inches. If you choose to put a gallon of tea or milk in these units you must consider placing in bottom drawers which may be too heavily weighted or removing a top shelf. I chose to buy Weck cylindrical glass containers and pour beverages in these containers and place in side door. It is possible to place a gallon size jug in the bottom drawers but I was concerned about too much weight. The drawers are not to be removed per Manufacturer even though there is a shelf glass which serves a a cover above each drawer.
QuestionDoes the internal temperature of the freezer go back to it's current setting if there is an electrical outage? Or do you have to reset it when the electricity comes back on?
- Answer Excellent question, DRR! Depending on the length of the power outage, the refrigerator may revert to default settings. The default for freezer mode is s 0 °F (-18 °C), and the default for fridge mode is 37 °F (3 °C). ^Jecca
- Answer The top shelves useable surface is approximately 17 inches wide x 13 inches deep. 5/8 inch thickness
QuestionWhat size are the shelves? Are they deep enough to hold several wine bottles? Can the top shelves be filled or does that interfere with air circulation? What size are the drawers?
- Answer I don’t believe you can put wine bottles in the fridge column because you have to make sure they are unopened to lay sideways and the drawer depth is approximately 13 inches and you have to be careful not to weigh down drawers with too much weight. Also, you would have to ensure you do not change setting to freezer mode by mistake because the glass could break. Be sure to lock the setting to fridge mode if you plan on putting glass in the unit. Drawers are 13 deep x 16 wide x 6 high.
- Answer Hello Bigvic! The sides of this unit is black. ^Nic
QuestionHow quiet is this unit? I’d like to have it very near a sitting area. Can I use my own cabinet panel? Thanks.
- Answer The units are relatively quiet but make unusual sounds on occasion.
- Answer Thanks so much for asking! This model does have removable panels that can be swapped out with different colored panels. However, currently we can only confirm compatibility with the BESPOKE model panels available here: https://www.samsung.com/us/bespoke/. ^Jecca
QuestionI purchased 3 to be delivered next month. How do you install them next to each other? I found something about brackets, but when I contacted Samsung's CS they didn't know where to purchase or what to do. Can these units be placed side by side without?
- Answer I placed 2 side by side and did not attach. The units must be unplugged to clean so attaching would make it difficult to pull out and disconnect attached units in my opinion. The units also need to be a couple inches from the wall. I would ensure there is sufficient electrical for 3 units since a dedicated 110 outlet is needed for each. I was unable to use 3 in my space because the breaker would have been overloaded and I would need to modify the electrical panel, but I plan to to have an electrician do this when Covid spread is less of a concern.
QuestionDo you have to use the door handle or can the unit open w/out the handle? Also the measurement guide shows 2 1/4" to open the door, but Samsung promotes multiple units side by side? If I purchase 3 will one door touch the unit next to it?
- Answer You don’t have to use the handle, there is a groove on the side of the door that enables you to open it that way also. You can place them side by side without the doors hitting each other.