Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $999.99
QuestionCan I buy this unlocked S20 and use it on the Verizon network? (I do not want the Verizon S20 UW phone, because it only has 8GB of RAM and it does not have an SD card slot.) Will sacrifice any features by buying this unlocked version of the S20? Thanks!
- Answer yes, this unlocked phone will work on any network. I bought this phone about 2 months ago. I have att but my wife has Verizon (different work plans) and her sim card works in my phone no problems. Unlocked basically just means you get the phone as the manufacturer built it, with the stock manufacturer version of Android. Buying the carrier version is essentially the same except that they put their own slightly different version of Android on it (locking the radios to only work on a given provider as well as putting different apps on the phone right out of the box).
Question1. If I buy unlocked S20 with option "Activate today - Sprint" do I get a contract that force me to pay for service every month? Can I change SIM after two weeks? 2. In this case will my phone be the same as the unlocked one with option "Activate later"?
- Answer The phone remains unlocked but I believe if you get the Promo you have to remain in the carrier for 90 days
- Answer Yes but it is a cheap one
- Answer Sure does
QuestionMy T mobile plan is 4G. Will this phone work on a 4G platform or it has to be a 5G plan? I understand T mobile charges more for 5G.
- Answer I use a 4G in my s20 with no problems. If you want to use 5G then yes you would have to upgrade to a 5G.
- Answer Hi, Under network settings you can choose to disable the 5G network and run on 3G/4G. Though of course the out of the box setting is AUTO, which will switch to 4G if there is no 5G signal available.
- Answer hi. the S20 5G SM-G981U unlocked, if not purchased with a specific carrier, should have 12 GB ram (north american variant). if i was to buy it from Verizon, for example, it has 8GB ram. you can always call the place from where you would buy it and ask about their specific version. with regard to mmWave, my understanding is that 80% of the country uses/will use that for 5G. it is also called n260 (39 GHz) and n261 (28 GHz). Verizon uses this for their 5G. T-mobile, however, uses uses n41 and n71. T-mobile told me that their frequency is currently 600 MHz. this phone DOES NOT have the n260 or n261 bands. Verizon said that i would be using the XLTE (700 MHz) as the closest to 5G. the samsung s20+ and higher models have n41, n71, n260 and n261. the higher model phones will give you true 5G with any carrier, i believe.
- Answer Hello, Katie. The Galaxy S20 5G does not have a LED notification light. However, it does have edge lighting that allows the edge screen to light up when you receive calls or notifications. Thank you for asking this question. ^Kayla
- Answer That's a question for TMobile but I have TMobile myself and yes you can get 5G at no additional cost right now. Next year it goes up and will cost. That's according to the TMobile store in my area.
- Answer it is compatible with boost. I bought the unlocked phone & took it to the boost store & had them add it to my account