Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat's the difference between the verizon version (retail price) and this unlocked version? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWould this unlocked phone work well with T-Mobile? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan the unlocked Galaxy 8 take Tracfone airtime? (2 Answers)Answers
I have been on Tracfone for a number of years most recently using a Samsung Galaxy s4 on CDMA Verizon. I purchased the unlocked Galaxy 8, installed the Tracfone CDMA SIM and had absolutely no problem signing it up on line on my account. It is now working fine for several days and assume there will not be any problem adding airime.
- QuestionWould I be able to connect this unlocked device to Metro Pcs ? (3 Answers)
- QuestionWill this unlocked phone work on the Verizon Network? Or do I have to buy one from Verizon? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionLook like the unlocked version of the Galaxy S8 doesn't work with AT&T Wifi calling, HD Voice and Video Call. AT&T tech support is telling me to buy an AT&T Version (of course) and Best Buy is not aware of the issue. Anyone else facing that issue ? (4 Answers)Answers
I am on Sprint and switched from S6 Edge which was Sprint version to S8 Unlocked. As soon account has been updated to new unlocked S8 - WiFi calling feature "disappeared" from my account ( as well as there is no icon on S8 Settings menu as it used to be on S6 Edge). However, by "pocking" around phone settings I found and successfully tested WiFi calling feature- try and see if this will work for you as well. Make sure you are connected to WiFi network. Touch Phone icon ( as you are going to make a call), touch Menu at the top upper corner ( three dots) - choose "Settings". Scroll down to the "WiFi calling", turn it ON. Go through the simple setup ( your address, etc.) Make your WiFi call to see if it works for you as it worked for me. Let me know. I used WiFi calling very often in the past with S6 Edge when I was on trips overseas and it is a deal breaker for me. Have not tested it outside of US yet but considering that WiFi calls I made as a test here, worked - I would be surprised for this feature not to work outside of US.
- QuestionWill specific carrier features be available for use on these unlocked phones such as WiFi calling, HD voice, or visual voicemail? Or Are those features only specific to the carrier locked devices? (2 Answers)Answers
I can tell that the Wifi Calling, HD voice and Video Call do not work on the unlocked version of the S8. Confirmed by AT&T. That's a deal breaker for me since Wifi Calling was one of the major feature for me - limited to no coverage indoor at work.
- QuestionHello! is there other choice to secure the phone - I don't like to use iris scan, or finger print) ? thanks (1 Answer)Answers
Great question, Houstin51! You can still use the regular screen lock options that typically come on Android mobile devices if you don't want to use the Iris Scanner or Fingerprint sensor for your phone. Here are the other lock screen options available in your Settings: Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it. Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock your device. PIN: Select a PIN to use for unlocking the screen. Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen. Face: Use facial recognition to unlock your device. Thanks for being a customer! ^Mel
- QuestionI read the mixed answers for the question " does it have dual sim feature?" If anyone has more credible answer, whats the truth? (3 Answers)
- QuestionWill the unlocked S8 be available in stores soon, meaning it won't have a plan/carrier? Do you have to purchase with carrier then request for unlock or is it already unlocked? I have inquired at other stores and was told they don't sell just unlocked. (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions