Questions & Answers
QuestionDue to fact that ALL Smash players are wanting Snake back and massively sad & dissapointed when he isn't back...Will you learn from your mistakes this time and bring him back?
- Answer Hello, I am Masahiro Sakur-Buy, expert of the Super Smash Bros. series at Best Buy. After taking thoughts into consideration, I am proud to inform you Everyone Is Here. Smash Bros spans across multiple decades, and the vision for this Smash Bros was to include every fighter from past entries in the series. It truly will make everyone at Best Buy happy, as well as each and every single fan. Please, enjoy the game, as well as Geek Squad services. -Massive Hero Soccer Guy
QuestionFor anybody who is a best buy member, did you get your 10$ off certificate after pre-ordering? Or is it just not showing up for me?
- Answer The $10 dollar certificate gets applied to your account in Best Buy points after you pick up the game.
QuestionHave you already chosen some NEW playable characters yet?...Which ones will be returning & which will be sitting on the bench?
- Answer Every character from every smash will become available. Only new characters we know of are, Ridley, Daisy, and Inkling
- Answer They have announced Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Dark Samus, Chrom, and King K Rool as of 8/8/18. Just keep watching for news of more details. They will announce more as they see fit.
- Answer The game is playable on the switch lite! The only feature unavailable is the use of multiplayer on one console, but multiplayer is still available through online play. It works just as well on the switch lite and has been a great experience on my part!
- Answer I have a 5 year old and hen enjoys the game so probably yes
QuestionWhat is the difference between the two; Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the Digital one. My 10 year old granddaughter asked for the game, but I don't know which to order. Thanks.
- Answer The physical copy, you must carry the game cartridge everywhere you want to play it. If your granddaughter loses the cartridge, there is no replacement and the game is lost forever. For the digital copy, she has to have a Nintendo account set up. (Parents/Guardians can set up a child account that prohibits online purchases) but the game is stored in the cloud digitally. As long as she has access to the account via username and password, she will always have the game. That's the only difference, a physical copy vs a digital copy. They are both the same game.
- Answer I called their Digital Library customer support to ask if we will be able to preload the game. Their "codemaster" said that it depends if Nintendo gives them the codes early. If they do get them, then yes we can preload, as that is a service BestBuy highlights for reasons to purchase digital. However, it is case by case per title. So they recommended to call them again closer to the launch (the week of, or a few days before) to see if they will get the Nintendo codes in time.
QuestionIf I get the game Digitally can I download it and wait til December 7th to play it or do I have it install it when it’s December 7th then Play it? And why doesn’t Best Buy sell the game Digitally?
- Answer Best Buy does not typically give you the code until launch day. While Nintendo will likely allow digital purchasers to pre-install the game, that will not be the case if you buy the code from Best Buy, unless they have changed their policies. Last time I pre-ordered digitally from BB I did not get the code until around noon of launch day...
QuestionDoes the pre-order come with a GameCube Controller Adapter like Smash for Wii U did for it's pre-order bonus?
- Answer No it does not. Super smash for the Wii U that came with the gamecube adapter and gamecube controller was a limited edition bundle for $99.99 before tax.
- Answer The Nintendo Direct said: December 7, 2018 but it could be subject to change I will post any changes. (6/13/2018)
QuestionI pre ordered the game back when there was no bonus coin that came with it. Will I still be able to get the coin when I pick up the game?
- Answer Most times the preorder bonus is given when game is picked up
- Answer Physical
QuestionI bought a Nintendo Switch Lite, is the Nintendo Switch game going to work in the Switch Lite?
- Answer Yes. They are the same system. The Lite is mobile only versus the Switch that can be hooked to a TV and be mobile as well.
- Answer Yes, you just need to register your physical game with Nintendo on their website or on your switch when you get it.
QuestionI want to play this game using a wireless pro controller but I don't want to deal with the issue of input lag. Does plugging the USB cable directly into the switch dock solve the input lag problem?
- Answer There is NO LAG WHATSOEVER with ANY controllers on the SWITCH be it the Joy Cons OR the Pro Controllers.
QuestionDoes the Ultimate Collector Coin also come with the standard edition or is it only for ultimate and special edition?
- Answer The Best Buy coin will come with the standard edition as well, as long as you preorder it and supplies last. :)