I love ASUS products. This is my 4th ASUS laptop. I wanted a high performance 6-core laptop for video editing that wasn't an overweight and bulky gaming laptop; wasn't overpriced like the Macbook Pro; wasn't corporate-boring like Dell and Lenovo. But, the quirky things about this laptop really bug me.
- great performance from 6-core processor for video editing
- nice selection of ports
- beautiful screen, amazing color
- fingerprint reader is very convenient
- sturdy design
- great price for these specifications
- it weighs 4.4 lbs not 4.2 lbs
- the power cord is a BRICK and is proprietary and the laptop will not charge via its USB type C ports
- the battery life is HORRIBLE - I get about 2 hours of use per charge
- fingerprints show up all over, to the point that it's embarassing to me to have anyone else see my laptop unless i just cleaned it
- there's too much space in the opening for the microsd card slot; i often could not get my card lined up properly to insert. right now, i have a microsd card permanently stuck in the computer
- there's no auto-updating of drivers from ASUS
The screenpad was really enticing when I was searching for a laptop but I haven't found a use for it.
I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 5 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Meets all my expectations. I use it primarily for post processing photos.