Safety Precautions for In-Home Consultations
Safety is our top priority when we visit your home.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our customers and employees. That's why your Home Expert will follow CDC-recommended guidelines when they visit your home, so we can help prevent the spread of illness and keep everyone as safe as possible.1 Here are the important steps we're taking before, during and after your in-home consultation with your Home Expert.
Before your in-home consultation.
We'll call you before we visit.
Before your Home Expert comes to your home, we'll call you at least 24 hours in advance. During this pre-call, we will confirm the appointment, set expectations and discuss the following safety precautions:
If you're ill or quarantined, or if you don't want to continue with the appointment, we can either reschedule or connect virtually.
How we prepare before your visit.
During your in-home consultation.
We've created a detailed plan for keeping everyone safe during our visit to your home. Here's what to expect:
How we keep things safe during the work.
- We'll put on protective gear before we enter your home.
- We'll keep a 6-foot distance from you as we enter (and for the remainder of our visit), adhering to social distancing requirements.
- We'll review the five health and safety points from our pre-call so we can keep everyone as safe as possible.
- We'll clean and disinfect all surfaces that we touch. We'll also follow manufacturer guidelines and use the correct material to safely clean your product.
- We'll verbally direct you to links/apps on your mobile device, so you can follow along with product/design examples we have in mind.
- For in-home transactions paid by credit card, we'll clean your card before and after we swipe it. No signature will be required.
After your in-home consultation.
Our safety precautions continue even after we leave your home. Before our next in-home visit, we will:
- Clean and disinfect our mobile devices and all tools and supplies.
- Properly dispose of all safety supplies and trash.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces in our vehicles.
- Sanitize our hands.
1. So long as there is community spread of COVID-19, the risk of infection cannot be completely eliminated.