Ratings & Reviews
- Blu-ray exclusive: movieiq bd-live connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie
- Director's commentary
- Exclusive documentary: "Unmasking Zorro"
- Deleted scenes
- "The Legend of Zorro" behind-the-scenes sneak peek
- Music video by Marc Anthony and Tina Arena
- Exclusive scene from "The Legend of Zorro"
Director Martin Campbell, well-known to the action arena after 1995's GoldenEye, teams up with executive producer Steven Spielberg to bring the first Hollywood production of creator Johnston McCulley's Zorro in over four decades to the big screen. With scenic 18th century Mexico as a backdrop, Anthony Hopkins plays the original Zorro, a.k.a. Don Diego de la Vega, intent on revenge after rival enemy Don Raphael Montero (Stuart Wilson) murdered his wife and took his daughter, Elena. After being imprisoned for 20 years, the fabled hero removes his mask and takes on a tarnished young apprentice, Alejandro Murieta (Antonio Banderas), to infiltrate Montero's plan to take control of California from Santa Anna. A boisterous outlaw with his own desire for revenge, Murieta works with Diego to avenge his brother's death by the sword of Montero's right-hand man, Captain Harrison Love (Matt Letscher, in his big screen debut). After Diego's extensive training in swordfighting, discipline and manners, a new Zorro appears wreaking vengeance and stealing the heart of a now-grown Elena (Catherine Zeta-Jones). A sizable summer hit, the film served as Zeta-Jones' stepping stone to leading lady status as the high-spirited heroine. ~ Rachel Koetje, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Antonio Banderas - Alejandro Murrieta/Zorro
- Anthony Hopkins - Don Diego de la Vega
- Catherine Zeta-Jones - Elena
- Stuart Wilson - Don Rafael Montero
- Matt Letscher - Capt. Harrison Love