iPhone 12 Pro. 5G to download huge files on the go and stream HDR video.¹ Beautifully bright 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display.² Ceramic Shield with 4x better drop performance.³ Incredible low-light photography with a new Pro camera system, and 4x optical zoom range. Cinema-grade Dolby Vision video recording, editing, and playback. Night mode portraits and next-level AR experiences with the LiDAR Scanner. Powerful A14 Bionic chip. And new MagSafe accessories for easy attach and faster wireless charging.⁴ For infinitely spectacular possibilities.
5G for superfast downloads and high-quality streaming¹
A14 Bionic chip, the fastest chip ever in a smartphone
Pro camera system with 12MP Ultra Wide, Wide, and Telephoto cameras; 4x optical zoom range; Night mode, Deep Fusion, Smart HDR 3, Apple ProRAW⁵, 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
LiDAR Scanner for improved AR experiences, Night mode portraits
12MP TrueDepth front camera with Night mode, 4K Dolby Vision HDR recording
Industry-leading IP68 water resistance⁶
Supports MagSafe accessories for easy attach and faster wireless charging⁴
iOS 14 with redesigned widgets on the Home screen, all-new App Library, App Clips, and more
¹Data plan required. 5G is available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on 5G support, contact your carrier and see apple.com/iphone/cellular.
²The display has rounded corners. When measured as a rectangle, the screen is 6.06 inches diagonally. Actual viewable area is less.
³Claim based on iPhone 12 Pro Ceramic Shield front compared with previous-generation iPhone.
⁴Accessories are sold separately
⁵Apple ProRAW coming soon.
⁶iPhone 12 Pro is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes).
Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro 5G 128GB
USB-C to Lightning cablee
Voice Assistant Built-in
4G LTE, 5G
Apple iOS 14
Video playback: Up to 17 hours; Video playback (streamed): Up to 11 hours; Audio playback: Up to 65 hours
A14 Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine
After years of Android phones, I have purchased my first ever apple product. I made the switch because I wanted a smaller phone with all the features. After a month, I have not been sorry I made the switch. So far I have no complaints. There really is not that much day-to-day difference in usage, just some minor adaptations. The size is perfect for my smaller, arthritic hands and they no longer ache from holding the larger phone I previously used.
Was a bit concerned it would be too big for my taste since I usually get the smaller phones, but I have grown accostomed to it very rapidly. Very impressed with the picture quality and the different options it came with. The battery lasts longer than I expected so happy with that part. All in all, you will not be disappointed with this purchase.
I love the new iphone.... its just a bit big for my liking and takes a while to figure out the changes from my older phone of around 2016.
I love that is has face recognition and sos warning option like the apple watch. I don't know why Apple feels the need to keep changing their charger types ... makes it so you have to buy more chargers and can not use the old ones. I definitely would go with the regular. The maxx is just bigger... you don't get anything more. I love that the 12 has such a longer battery life and the sound if you play music off it is much improved from my ancient iphone 6....
The analysis of all aggregated expert reviews shows that the reviewers are positive about size, connectivity, durability and design. Editors are less positive about sound and portability and have mixed opinions about usability. Using an algorithm based on product age, reviewers ratings history, popularity, product category expertise and other factors, this product gets an alaTest Expert Rating of 96/100 = Excellent quality.
TechRadarRating, 4 out of 54.0Gareth Beavis on June 7, 2021
iPhone 12 Pro reviewThe iPhone 12 Pro is an iPhone for the future
A:AnswerYes and no... I spent three hours today unfortunately discovering this myself. I am sharing with everyone so they don't have to go through the same process as me and hopefully some BestBuy manager will read this and the Sales people will be educated on Sprint. Here's what happened:
1) Called T-mobile before going to BestBuy to confirm I could use the sprint iPhone on T-mobile account. The representative told me yes, just bring the phone to a local T-mobile store and they can give you a sim to work, even if the phone is locked to Sprint. As they are one company now, either can work on each others networks.
2) Once I arrived at BestBuy and explained to them I wanted to purchase a Sprint iPhone they asked if I was upgrading or creating a new account. I explained to them T-mobile told me I could purchase the Sprint phone and bring it to T-mobile (since they are one company now). The BestBuy salesperson told me this was considered a fraudulent purchase and he was unable to sell me the phone.
3) I then said, what if I just open a Sprint account and not change it to T-mobile. He called over a manager, they explained to me that if I swap it they are going to be billed $1000 and then I would have to pay the cancellation fee. I explained no... I am actually going to open a Sprint account and use it. The manager approved the purchase. The sales representative then went through with attempting to create a Sprint account for me. It was denied and he told me to call Sprint.
4) I waited on hold with "Sprint" for over an hour (I put Sprint in quotes because if you call Sprint you are actually calling T-mobile, Sprint basically no longer exists except in name). No one answered after an hour, so I left BestBuy and went to a Sprint store down the street. The store manager at Sprint explained to me the reason I was denied at BestBuy. Sprint will no longer allow ANYONE to open a new account. The only way you can purchase a Sprint phone is if you already have an account with Sprint. He understood my dilemma and said a lot of customers have been coming in asking the same question. He said down the road Sprint accounts and T-mobile accounts will be one in the same, but if you do not already have a Sprint account then you cannot purchase any Sprint phone unless it is an unlocked phone.
5) The work around is to find a friend with a Sprint account, go to BestBuy and be added to your friend/families existing line. This is the only way to successfully purchase the Sprint iPhone from BestBuy and eventually transfer it to T-mobile or stay on the Sprint line until it is successfully transferred to T-mobile. Or, to buy an unlocked phone.
Lastly, I just want to clarify this post was meant for education for both consumers and BestBuy so that your employees are educated on the Sprint vs T-mobile issue. At a minimum I would think your employees are at least aware that they cannot open a new Sprint account... Probably explains why this BestBuy is the only retailer I can find within 250 miles that carried the iPhone 12 Pro I wanted...