Up to 24 months of product protection on most Best Buy purchases, with active membership
Free delivery and standard installation
$199.99Your price for this item is $199.99
Nothing about your personal style is standard. So why should your appliances be? Created for those who want to reflect their true style in every room of their home, Café is distinct by design. Backed by showstopping features, every Café appliance gives you the form and the function you've been craving. Now that exceptional style is coming to your countertops thanks to elegant and efficient toasters, which feature the signature Café copper accents that truly elevate your experience. Embrace a toaster that you can be proud to present on your counters that also boasts four pre-set functions that allow you to customize your toast to your preferences. The innovative Express Finish setting creates delectable toast in about a minute, while additional operating functions such as Frozen, Bagel, Reheat and Cancel, all help you curate your ideal toasting experience. Even clean-up is a breeze thanks to the copper-plated catch tray which collects crumbs as they fall to the bottom of the toaster and prevents them from scattering across the counter.
Express Finish Mode
Achieve beautiful toast in about a minute thanks to a quick toast mode that allows you to toast bread quicker than standard toast mode.
Extra Wide Slots
Enjoy perfect results on artisinal breads, bagels, english muffins and more with 1.25 inch slots that accommodate thicker slices
Quickly assess toaster progress with an LED ring that lights up to indicate the status of the toast and blinks when your toast is ready
4 Pre-Set Functions
Customized toaster settings are a touch away thanks to a toaster with four pre-set functions: Express Finish, Bagel, Reheat and Frozen
8 Shade Options
Select your perfect toast and enjoy delicious results every time thanks to eight selectable shade options
Retrieve your toast using a dedicated lever that lifts the toast up, away from the hot interior of the toaster
Removable Crumb Tray
Breakfast clean up gets a lot easier with a removable crumb tray in a copper finish
2 Slice Toaster
A compact and efficient two-slice toaster that allows you to toast two slices of bread, special bagel function that toasts only inner sides of the bagel while keeping the outside soft and moist
Curate a sophisticated experience in your kitchen with the design, style and quality of a Café toaster, available in stainless steel, matte black and matte white finishes and perfected with signature copper accents and sturdy die-cast aluminum construction
For me the best feature of this toaster is it's design and look & feel. The stainless steel body with copper accents makes it your counter top worthy. Obviously, there are much cheaper toasters available in the market but you get what you pay for. Also, Cafe products are GE's upscale offerings, so that should explain the price point.
In terms of features and workings, it toasts really well. I have tried both bread and bagels and they have come out evenly toasted. There is an express settings for bread while a separate button for bagels. The dial has settings from 1 to 8 but I think any thing more than 5 will result in a burnt toast, so be careful about that. The other thing I like is the pop-out crumb tray. This makes cleaning the toaster after use very easy.
There are also Reheat and Frozen buttons. I haven't really used them yet, so can't really comment on the utility of these. I am planning to use "Frozen" option to toast frozen Garlic bread. Let's see how will that experiment go :)
Overall, it is a stylish and great looking toaster which works well. It is expensive but I think build quality, looks and some of the features make it worth the price.
Hello, Thanks for leaving a review! We always appreciate hearing from our customers and we're glad you like your new refrigerator. Getting an appliance is always exciting, and we're glad this model could meet your needs with its design and capabilities. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We'll be happy to help! -Sylvia@Cafe
Design, For bread, For toast
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Great looking accent toaster works as expect
Just love the stainless look with stylish copper accents on the dial, handle and the bottom border and 4 feet’s on this toaster a lot. It looks so pretty sitting on my counter next to the Cafe coffee maker with the same finish. It works quite well like any other toaster but this one has a express 1 minute setting for a quick toast and is well worth the $$ if you are in morning hurry. There are total 4 toasting function modes like Bagel, express finish, reheat and frozen. Knob has a led light accent and the brightness is adjusted based on the 8 settings and looks aesthetically cool. Works as expected by toasting different thickness of bread and bread. Slot thickness is 1 1/4 inches if that is something you care about. Also, cleaning is so easy by just pushing the button on the side to eject the tray to clear the crumbs.
Over all very happy with this toaster that compliments my cafe coffee maker.
Hey TechGuru, we're glad to see that you're enjoying your new toaster! Welcome to the Cafe Appliances family. - Guy@Cafe
Design, For toast, Multiple settings
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Fancy looking, well working toaster
The Café - Specialty 2-Slice Toaster is meant to be a high-end small kitchen appliance and does not disappoint. Its distinctive looks, smooth rounded edges, copper accents around the bottom edge, buttons and crumb tray add a unique style only found in the GE Cafe line of appliances. From a functionality stand-point, it works very well, toasts quickly, quietly and evenly. It has the common Baggle, Reheat and Frozen settings that most toasters have. Additionally it has a more unique “Express Finish” setting that still makes great toast in about half the time, just under a minute, for those days when you’re in a rush. The buttons light-up in a white LED color when pressed and there is also a white LED ring around the adjustment knob that gets brighter as you increase the toast darkness level from 1 to 8. It will also stay lit a little while after toasting is complete to indicate a hot surface. The crumb tray is quite special, copper colored, fairly small and on the bottom middle right-side. It’s spring loaded, so you push it in a bit to pop-out. Other than the high price and larger overall size, this is a very nice toaster, if you can afford it..
Hello, Thanks for leaving a review! We always appreciate hearing from our customers and we're glad you like your new toaster. Getting an appliance is always exciting, and we're glad this model could meet your needs with its design and capabilities. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We'll be happy to help! -Sylvia@Cafe
Burns, Even results
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Almost Perfect Toast
The Cafe Express Finish Toaster is a great addition to any kitchen's small appliance collection. It comes in 3 main colors (matte black, matte white, and stainless steel) and adds a touch of class to the area. The package comes with the toaster and the owners manual. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
* Easier to use than a mini toaster oven, and more importantly, easier to clean
* Toasts extremely fast
* Extremely sturdy with it's solid/sticky-like rubber feet
* Easy to empty crumbs from the pop-out crumb tray.
* The toaster holds the bread in place by condensing the sides onto the bread when the lever is depressed (see picture, OPEN/CLOSED)
* It allows to toast ONE-SIDED pieces of bread (ie. bagels, hamburger buns). The toasted section should face outward as shown by the diagram on the top of the toaster (also pictured).
* Does not toast evenly on both sides. The food item gets significantly toasted more on the inside sides (facing the center of the unit).
* Instructions do not state the exact function of the "Reheat" button.
* Frozen is meant for frozen bread; however, I have not seen much difference in toasting with that setting vs the express setting. I didn't see the real need for the frozen setting.
* Based on this product toasting bread and perhaps waffles, using levels 5-8 appears to burn whatever food is placed in the unit. I'm unsure what else these high levels would be used to toast without burning.
SAMPLE RUNS: (see attached pictures for mode and doneness)
1. Level 1: 0:38 on Express mode, bread, lightly toasted
2. Level 3: 0:50 on Express mode, bread, almost burned inside, the other side toasted ok
3. Level 4: 2:09 on regular mode, bread, burned inside, the other side toasted ok
4. Level 4: 0:58 on Express mode, bread, slightly burned inside, but outside face toasted ok
5. Level 4: (did not get time) on Express mode using bagel mode, hamburger buns, toasted just enough before burning
* There are 8 levels to pick from; however, at level 4, the toast will start to burn at that point. Having a regular piece of toast in there for levels 5-8 would char it.
* Each of the 3 color options include the trim which is called "bronze". If you want to have a better idea of what this trim looks like, think "rose gold". That's probably a better description of what they state as "bronze" trim.
* The power cord is long enough for most locations in a kitchen, 3 feet long. It has a 3-prong plug.
* After you use the toaster in a specific mode, that mode clears the next time you use it. So if you want to make 3 pairs of toasts back-to-back-to-back, then you'll have to enter express/frozen/bagel each time. So if you choose bagel the 1st time, make sure you select bagel the subsequent times or both sides will get toasted instead of just the outside/cut part.
* The light around the knob lights up more as you go from level 1 to level 8. When 1 of those 4 buttons are depressed, there is a small LED that lights up so you know that function is active.
There isn't much to this item. It toasts. That's it. I like that it can toast quickly with the added elements in the unit, but I don't like how both sides are not toasted the same - ever. One side is always more done than the other for some reason and I'm not sure why OR if that's how it was designed. I like that the crumb tray is very easy to remove and the unit as a whole is easy to clean. If the irregular heating gets corrected, it will be a five-star product in my opinion.
Hey BADog, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us this detailed feedback. We'll be sure to share your comments with our product team for future consideration. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us make improvements down the road. Welcome to the Cafe Appliances family! - Guy@Cafe
Design, For toast, Multiple settings
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
A Toaster Meant to be Seen
There are little things in your life you may need upgrades on because you use them everyday but never think to get a better one. A toaster is one of those! And this Cafe Speciality Toaster is an excellent upgrade!
- Unboxing and setup are essentially non-existent because well its a toaster! You take out it, you plug it in, and boom its all set up! Very easy and nothing complex.
- Of course a big selling point of this is the look of this toaster and it is very elegant and classy! Nothing about it seems cheap and just overall it feels very modern. It’s a nice benefit as some people don’t like leaving small kitchen appliances out on the counter but have no where else to put them, so the stylishness of this toaster really helps make a modern effect for your kitchen.
- As a toaster, it performs really well! Easy to operate, has nice controls to get the perfect shade of toast, and even has buttons to speed up the operation. Overall its just a very well put together toaster!
- The only thing I don’t like about it is the cord. It does not have a retractable cord to help manage it, instead it has the notches that you wrap it around on the bottom of the toaster. Overall I just don’t think it works as smoothly as a retractable one does.
- A Toaster is something people can use on a daily basis, so why not have one that looks great and works great?! The Cafe specialty toaster is a great looking piece for the counter top and overall just does it’s job really well. You will not be disappointed!
So we’ve been using a 4 slot toaster for the better part of 10 years or so now. Figured it would be a good time to replace it, though it still works perfectly.
This Café 2 slot Toaster is quite the looker. This is not the white model but the Stainless Steel one. The Rose Gold and the Stainless Steel look fantastic together. I think it contrasts better than the Black Matte and White models but get what matches your kitchen. The unit feels well built. The handle, buttons, frame and dial are plastic. I wish that for the price of the unit, it relied on having more metal to it's construction. Outside of a few extra features over the lower end unit and the finish on these, I genuinely don't see where there's an extra $100+ worth.
So far in the week we’ve used it, we’ve not had a single problem. Toasting time is fine. I’m definitely noticing a difference in the quality of the actual toasting. I like that there’s multiple options for how to toast. There’s an Express Finish if you’re needing to toast something in a hurry. I’ve not used the option as I typically just put whatever needs toasting in and move on to something else in the meantime. There’s some options for Bagels as well.
I appreciate the smaller size as we can keep it on the countertop, whereas the 4 slot unit we have, it has to be stored away.
It seems easy enough to clean and has a small removable tray that’s also Rose Gold colored to match the trimming.
As for price, I don’t know if I’d say it’s worth $150-170. I’d say it is worth around $70-80. You’re mostly paying for the look of the unit more so the function. A 4 slot would be nice for around $100 with what seems to be a well built unit. Time will tell of course how long this lists. The 4 slot we have now, to have gotten a decade out of it is major plus and it’s seen a lot of use. If this one holds up for as long, I’d say it’s worth the price then.
I noticed some others mentioned that their toast was burnt using the express finish. I didn’t time how long it took, probably around 30 seconds, but on the 2nd setting with express finish I had to put the toast through another run, this is the toast pictured in my review. I’m still happy with the result. I like my toast a bit on the darker side, not burnt but darker so this was more than acceptable for my taste.
The Café Specialty 2-Slice Toaster is a stylish and well functioning toaster.
The build quality on this toaster is nice and it feels solid. This is a stainless steel with rose gold accents. It doesn't show finger print smudges which is really nice. One thing I think that was well thought out is the placement of the power cord and that there are 4 feet on the bottom. This allows you to have the freedom to chose where the cord goes to plug in in order to fit your space as best possible.
There are 8 doneness levels and 4 setting buttons; bagel, reheat, frozen, and express finish. All work fairly well and I was really happy with the express finish. This is where additional heating elements are activated to toast your bread much faster than on regular setting. Another neat feature is that there is an LED light on the darkness selector dial. It changes brightness depending on time left so you have a visual estimate on when the toaster will finish. I do also like that there is an easily accessible crumb tray that pops out with a slight push. The bread slots hold whatever you put in it securely and it toasts nice and evenly.
Overall, I would say that I am happy with this toaster as it is a well build, nice looking, and a well performing toaster.
A:AnswerHello Cindi - Thank you for your interest. We do not offer a 4 slice toaster in Café line at this time. We will be glad to forward your comments to our product team. We do offer a matching coffee maker
C7CDAAS3PD3. Thanks for checking. Olga@CAfe
Great question! We appreciate you reaching out to us about this Specialty 2-Slice Toaster and we're glad to help. We understand your concern with having the correct color, and we'd like to reassure you that this toaster is white, and not cream colored. Thanks for checking with us!
Thanks for the question! We're glad you're considering this 2-Slice Toaster and we'd like to help. When in operation, the outside surface may get warm, but should not be hot enough to cause injury. We understand your concern, and appreciate you reaching out to us about it. Take care!
A:AnswerHi Janet- Thank you for your interest in our beautiful new toaster. This model doesn't have a ding or chime when the toast is finished but it does have an LED ring that lights up to indicate the status of the toast and blinks when your toast is ready. We hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions in the future, please let us know. We are here to help! Joyce@Cafe