I've used this product only briefly so far, but it has worked as advertised. (I've tried only the SD slot, not the microSD slot.)
Another reviewer is correct that this card reader sometimes blocks other ports next to the computer's USB port. I took care of that by buying a USB3.0 extension cable from a well-known bottom-dollar department store.
Since I couldn't find a website for the card reader's manufacturer (Bower), I used Best Buy's contact form to send the following comments, and Best Buy advised me to put these in a product review:
Advantages of this product over current competitors:
* USB 3.0 support (although I didn't do a speed test);
* dust cover for the SD-card openings;
* Thank you for supporting microSD without mentioning it on the package. I don't like microSD cards because they seem easy to lose, but they need to be supported because they're so common in cell phones.
Improvements that I'd like to see in future versions of this product:
* Have the dust covers attached to the body of the product so they can't be lost. This is the same as with a USB thumb drive; the trend in those is toward capless designs.
* The product is wide enough to block nearby USB ports. Competing products such as Best Buy SKU# 3602009 deal with this by having the SD card stick out to the side. That might be a better design; or include a USB "pigtail" built into the product.
* The printing on the product should show the orientation of plugging the SD card into the product.
* The term "TF" should be explained, at least on the package.
* The product itself (as opposed to the retail package) has no manufacturer contact info nor SKU#. If the consumer has a question after discarding the package (or wants to recommend the product to another consumer :-), he or she may go to the Energizer website; typically, in brand-licensing situations like this, the brand website (Energizer) wouldn't have anything about the licensed product (SD-card reader).
* Read & write activity LEDs would be nice.
Again, I think this SD-card reader is a good product, and I'm glad I bought it.