Get a deeper clean with this Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean electric toothbrush. It has three modes to choose from and a smart timer function that encourages brushing for the recommended two minutes. This Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean electric toothbrush has a built-in pressure sensor to prevent over-brushing and keep your gums healthy.
Multiple brushing modes
Customize your experience with three different modes: Clean, White and Gum Care.
Three intensity settings
For maximum comfort.
Protects teeth and gums from excess brushing pressure.
Sonic Technology allows for a more complete clean than manual toothbrushes through the high-speed sideways and pulsating movements.
Interval timer encourages thorough brushing
Two-minute interval timer indicates when you have completed each quadrant of your mouth and signals for you to move on resulting in more consistent cleaning throughout your mouth.
Got this to replace an old Oral-B I had been using. I've had the Oral-B for about 4 years but it was slowly dying and in need of replacement. I've heard that the Sonicare are better and clean better than Oral-B's. After using it a couple times, it definitely feels like it cleans better so no questions there. Brush heads are a bit pricey however i'm sure you can find deals for them online somewhere. You get basically all you need to start off with. The carrying case is nice; much better than my older one. You get one brush head and wall charger as well. Hoping this Sonicare lasts for awhile.
Choosing a new electric toothbrush can be confusing. There are tons of options and price ranges, some offering features that you might never need. With the ProtectiveClean 6100, Philips has struck a great balance of performance and value.
- Simple packaging and easy assembly. Just slide the brush head onto the body and you're ready to go. My toothbrush arrived fully charged.
- Lightweight, ergonomic handle. I was worried this might be heavy, but it's not. It's very comfortable to hold for the entire 2-minute brushing period.
- Excellent brushing performance. There are three levels of brushing intensity that can be adjusted with a button on the handle. I've been using the medium setting and I love the way my teeth feel after each use. You know that squeaky-clean feeling your teeth have after going to the dentist? This toothbrush can give you that feeling every day!
- The toothbrush will beep and vibrate while you're brushing to tell you to move to another quadrant of your mouth. It's a useful reminder so you don't over-brush one area of your mouth.
- If you apply too much pressure to your teeth, the toothbrush will also beep/vibrate so you don't damage your gums.
- Only one brush head is included. For the price, I wish Philips would have included at least 2 brush heads. They aren't cheap, either, so be prepared to shop for deals on replacement brush heads.
- If your bathroom does not have a power outlet in the perfect place, you might have a hard time keeping the charging base plugged in all the time. The cord is rather long and difficult to hide.
- The product listing says that the toothbrush is supposed to come with a travel case, but my box did not have one. If you purchase this in-store, make sure the box says it includes a travel case. My box makes no mention of it and the model number is slightly different than the one listed here. My box says model number HX6877/48, which apparently does not include a travel case. If you want the case, make sure you get model HX6877/21.
This is an excellent, no-gimmicks electric toothbrush. The price is just right and the features included are simple and useful. Highly recommended!
Bought it for myself and Girlfriend, philips aways making good product!
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Ease of Use
5 out of 5
I would recommend this to a friend
Ease of use, Feeling
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Easy to use
Ease of use, Feeling
This brush is very easy to use and leaves my mouth feeling clean. It also had the ability to help you brush more efficiently. It will beep when you should switch to a new section of your teeth. It's not a loud annoying beep either, very subtle. My dentist also recommended I switch to a modern electric toothbrush, since I tend to press really hard when I brush. This helps me with that as well. It will pulse when I'm applying too much pressure. It is also much quieter than other electric toothbrushes I've heard in the past.
Pros: easy to use, quiet, pressure warning, audible sound when to switch teeth, nice charging stand
Cons: I wish it had come with some of the other brushes to try
This is a great electric toothbrush. It’s been a long time since I’ve had one and I don’t think I’ll go back after using this. The toothbrush has 3 different modes and 3 intensity settings, along with a built-in pressure sensor to let you know if you’re brushing too hard. I didn’t notice a huge difference between the different modes, but the included brush head seems to made for the whitening mode. Each mode runs for a set amount of time and it’s nice to have that encouragement to brush until it stops running. I’ve been using it for a few days and it feels like I just came from a cleaning every time.
I only have a couple of small gripes, one being the intensity modes, which are great, but with the included head and toothpaste I use it literally vibrates the toothpaste off if I start on the highest intensity mode. It’s only slightly annoying and I just have to make sure I start at the lowest setting and increment it up once I start brushing. The other is the replacement brush heads do seem a little expensive, at least compared to regular toohbrushes. There’s a brush head replacement indicator light on the toothbrush, but I don’t know how long the heads are supposed to last between replacements; hopefully at least a month or two. These two things don’t really affect my overall feeling that this is a really good toothbrush and the job it does make it and the replacements head well worth the investment.
While you may be thinking, "$120 is a lot to pay for a toothbrush," I would have to agree. With that being said, I really love the toothbrush. It is a good deal for the price. The navy blue color did not disappoint and the modes are amazing. I switched to this toothbrush from the Quip brand that offers a three-minute cycle that pulses every 30 seconds to let you know when to change positions. This brush has the same three-minute cycle along with two others, one three and a half minute-cycle four of the 30-second pulses and two 15-second pulses for the whitening cycle and the last is a four-minute cycle that has four extra 15-second pulse cycles. In addition to the three different modes, there are also three different intensity settings in each mode that offers a total of nine different settings.
A:AnswerBest advice, get a full second brush - same model and brush. The excess items not needed for your daily use, put in a cabinet and leave it there. If your charger ever breaks (as it is a glass charger cup), then you’re certain to have a working replacement. Or another if you choose to travel. Also, at one time there was a model that had a storage spot for 2 brushheads, and a single motored unit. I’d recommend that model if you’re tight on space, and set your glass one aside for travel. Did you gather I travel a bit - having the available brushes, and chargers have helped me out over the past 10 years of using a Sonicare brush.. for both my spouse and I.