Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,529.99
The regular price is $1,799.99
QuestionIs this good for college?
- Answer Sure. Excellent battery life, great screen, great keyboard, good durability and reliability. Most college uses will be fine with the base $1299 model. This model has extra internal storage and newer processors as well as right hand usb c ports to make the total 4 ports.
- Answer Not true about the "must buy from Apple" response. BestBuy honors the Apple Education discount--but you might need to have the salesperson speak to their supervisor.
QuestionI need to replace my Mac Book Pro 15'' that I bought in 2010. My Model is also i5...what is difference between the two processors?
- Answer This i5 is a newer generation with a higher clock speed and more cores/threads.
QuestionDoes this have a Flash drive for my memory stick? Because I brought 2 MacBook Air and got home and didn't have that slot, so disappointed and they cost a lot of money.
- Answer No, you either need an adapter or a dock to access a memory card or usb flash drive. You can get one at most local or online retailers that sell electronics. Just make sure they are USB-C compatible. The Ports on all newer MacBook Pros are Thunderbolt 3 ports that will accept USB-C connections/adapters. The port specs have always been disclosed in pictures and description.
QuestionWould you recommend this to graphic designers/photographers or videographers dealing with high processing images and 4-8k videos?
- Answer Yes it's great and it can work on it and super fast
- Answer No, you will need an adapter USB C to USB. This laptop ONLY has USB C ports.
QuestionWhat is the processor model number? The specs list the processor model number as "Intel 10th Generation Core i5", which is the model, but not the model number. There are multiple model numbers for this model on the intel website, none match listed specs
- Answer The 13" i5 MacBook Pro (2020) with the 10th Gen Intel processor has the Core i5-1038G7 processor.
- Answer Not any more you can't. Older models yes, this model no.
QuestionWhich laptop would be a better purchase the Asus Q537f 4k or this Macbook Pro ? Very hard choice!
- Answer This one because I can run windows on it if u want to and it's 6k
QuestionI just purchased this computer yester after upgrading twice from M1 256GB to M1 512GB and now this. But after downloading all my programs it started running hot is that normal for a new machine? Thinking about exchanging again because of overheating.
- Answer That is 100% normal. The computer has a great processor and that will happen on any computer if you are running multiple applications or downloads at once. Look up a few YouTube videos on the processor and check those out first. See if you like the reviews from “professionals” and check out their results.
QuestionI was in the process of purchasing this MacBook but when I went to checkout it shot back up to 1799$ would the sale still be honored in store if I explain what happened?
- Answer You can always contact Best Buy directly and ask but it's likely that they won't since you didn't complete your purchase prior to the sale expiring. They may tell you the general "please check back for our sales opportunities"...in which case you can definitely make note to check on Sundays and Mondays for new sales. I've noticed the sale occurring at least twice in the last 30-45 days. Also check online for other retailers to see if they are having a sale. Best Buy will price match eligible online and local retailers. Good luck!
- Answer No u need a adpter it's type c unless u heve smart TV then yes
QuestionI am trying to purchase the M1 but I notice when I change the processor to M1 and and I add it to my cart, it still sells Intel Core i5 in the item title. Does that mean I am not purchasing with an M1 processor? Is this happening to anybody else
- Answer Correction on my previous reply: The 2020 M! model did have 16g RAM. I don't believe the 2021 does.
- Answer I have an HP Envy 5250. It works beautifully with my 2015 MBP. I live in a 2000 sq ft house and it Bluetooths from my laptop on one side of the house to the printer on the other. Great color printer for my art business. It's a little slow on copying, but that's ok with me. Love the HP Instant Ink program. HP Envy was easy to set up, too, and I'm no techie. Good luck.
- Answer They sold the model that came right before the Pro and Air with the M-1 chip. I’m guessing that after the m-1 chip has been around for a while, Apple will let them sell the M-1 chip MacBook models.
QuestionWhat is the Touch Bar?
- Answer The touchbar is basically the F1-F12 keys which on a PC allow the user to control the volume and brightness of the display on a laptop. The “bar” ( or keys on a PC) would normally control the pause, play, stop, repeat, fast forward and rewind while using any compatible video or DVD function on the computer. The Pro allows for such functions along with customizable features based on the app a user is using on the Mac. Just think F keys and it will be easy to navigate, its not a new invention but a new way to interact with such keys.