Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,519.99
The regular price is $2,799.99
- Answer Personally I'm not a huge windows fan, but I did get an amazing deal on an HP omen a little over 2 years ago, and while that machine WAS a beast, it slowed so much, so quickly, and I prefer the Mac OS, I just think it makes more sense and is more user-friendly. Plus it's much better for creatives. I got this new 16" MacBook Pro to finally replace my HP, and I've been so happy with it, I probably use it twice as often as I did the HP, and the speed, screen quality, and sound quality just cannot compare. And while the initial pricing may be a bit more than an HP, a MacBook will last you much longer before slowing down to a point of unusability.
QuestionThis item shows the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU. That card should be a 8GB GDDR6. But the specs show 4GB GDDR4. Which is it?
- Answer the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU comes in two configs; one with 4 gb and one with 8 gb. This is the 4 gb version. It doesn't seem like Best Buy has the 8 gb version yet but you can order it custom from apple. I think the 8 gb version is a $100 upgrade on the apple site. Same graphics card as the 4 gb version, just more memory...
- Answer The 16” MacBook Pro is the latest model. I believe the model was introduced late 2019. Mine has the ninth generation i9 processor while Intel just released the tenth generation; otherwise, the unit has all the latest technology.
- Answer No it does not. It does contain Apple’s answer to both which is Sheets (Excel like) and Pages (Word like). They are very similar if you’re familiar with Microsoft’s version and all files can be exported as Excel and Word spreadsheets and documents.
- Answer To answer the second part, you can purchase Final Cut Pro on the App Store... if you already bought it for your older Mac, you can just download it from the App Store as you already have a license for it.
- Answer 4 USB-C ports. USB-C supports USB and HDMI via adapters.
- Answer This MacBook Pro was released on 11/13/2019.
QuestionJust got this computer a few days ago. Does the computer have an expansion slot to add more internal memory. Is there additional slots to add more space for hard drive and is it an ssd NVMe type?
- Answer No. Apple solders everything in place. That's the trick to buying a Mac. Get it loaded and make sure you have some sort of cloud storage.
- Answer The new MacBook Pro 16” comes with 4 USB-C ports only. There are no regular (USB-A) ports. So if you need to attach any devices that use USB-A ports, you will have to buy an adapter port. There are many inexpensive ones available on the market, and even Apple makes a couple different ones, too.
- Answer Approved
QuestionWill Best buy offer memory upgrade options any time soon? I went in to a store and talked to an apple rep who was not able to help me custom order a machine. I wonder if I should try another location perhaps.
- Answer Best Buy explained to me that they do not stock or special order the MacBook Pro with options, but only offer the entry level models with the two different processors. That said, their price meeting policy saved me extra cash on their sales price and 18 month financing with a 0% interest rate (if paid in full within 18 months) were the two factors that influenced my purchase. Very few retailers offer the upgrade options that Apple has available.
- Answer 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing) Metal-capable graphics card 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing1 3.8GB of available disk space Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS Mojave. 27 i think its good for 16gb