Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan multiple cameras be on the same netcam app? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionSo does this camera, by itself, not record video? From what I'm getting you have to be "lucky" to receive the email right away from the camera and begin recording yourself? (2 Answers)Answers
You have to subscribe to their service and the camera will start recording videos automatically and will be stored in their server. Without the subscription, they record still pictures of anything he camera thought moved including shadows, lamp shades or sunlight reflection. Then, you get bombarded with emails after emails of false alerts that you still have to go through in case something did happen. This could take a few hours of your time. The camera itself is ok but not the best. Look for something else.
- Questioncan i record using icoud? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCAN I MONITOR MY PROPERTY WITH A MONITOR AND NOT THE IPHONE? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes it broadcast its own ssid? I want to be able to connect my phone(using wi-fi) directly to the camera without using the internet. Is this possible? (3 Answers)Answers
The short answer is no -- to view the camera feed the camera needs to be connected to the internet via wifi, and you can only stream the video from the Belkin NetCam servers. The camera does not broadcast video directly via wifi. The full answer is that the camera only broadcasts its own SSID when it is in Configuration mode (there's a switch on the back to switch between Configuration and Camera mode). While in Configuration mode you can change your phone to the same network and access the camera's settings through the Belkin NetCam app. However, once you have made the desired changes, you need to switch the camera back to Camera mode to have the changes take effect and for the camera video to be accessible in the app from your phone. The camera and the app do a surprisingly good job of poking the necessary hole in your router to be accessible from the internet, but this convenience of course is creating security implication that you may be trying to avoid based on the context of your question to stream the video on the same ssid!
- QuestionMy neighbor destroys my outdoor property. I would like to catch him and use video in court. How do I retain the portions of video of my choice? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat are the temperatures that this can be used in. I would like to put one IN my garage and point out the window. The garage is not temperature controlled, but it is dry. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I share my phone internet to camera ? If I don't have wifi router at home or office ! (1 Answer)
- QuestionWill it operate well looking through a window? I'd like to mount it indoors looking out at the front porch. (2 Answers)
- QuestionCan i place this cam in one country and use NetCam app to see live streaming in my phone in another country as i need to monitor my business located in different country. (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions