Questions & Answers
- ACOUSTIMASS 10 V SYSTEM
Your price for this item is $999.99
Question1: will this system work with Onkyo TX-NR676 7.2 Channel 4K Atmos Network AV Receiver 2: will it be good enough for 25' x 25' home cinema for movies and dance parting
- Answer I have an Acoustimass system for my home theater in a room roughly that size and it works fine for movies. You may want to purchase an additional sub-woofer to assist the low end for a dance party. Depends on the actual acoustics of your room
QuestionHi! Im trying to find the best solution for my new place. I want something that can be enough for an area of 300 square feet. Can be hooked up to the TV, apple tv, to an LP vynil record player, wifi, bluetooth and airplay. Do i need something else?
- Answer Actually, the only other thing you need is a good quality AV receiver. The Bose speakers are great when paired with the right receiver. I bought the Yamaha Aventage receiver to pair with my Bose speakers. It has plenty of HDMI inputs for your Video hookups such as your TV, and Apple TV. It also has built in WiFi and Bluetooth, so you can connect to many other devices you currently use. It also has the standard audio hookups and USB if you need them for your turntable.
QuestionI'm considering by the Sony STRDN 1080 reciever,is it compatible with the Acoustimass 10 series V?
- Answer Hi JasonB, thank you for your question. The Sony receiver should have no issues connecting to the Acoustimass 10 series V.
QuestionDo you need to use a separate amplifier when using a Bose acoutimass 10 series v surround sound system on a pioneer plasma tv.
- Answer Hello, Brokenspark. Thank you for your question. Yes, the Acoustimass 10 Series V Home Theater system is engineered to connect to a receiver for power. The 5 surround speakers will connect to the bass module, the bass module will connect to your receiver, and then the receiver would connect to your TV. Best Buy has a great selection of home theater receivers. We'd recommend a receiver with at least 5 channels, and a power output between 75 and 200 watts per channel. We hope this helps! Have a great day. Jesse - Bose Support
Questionhello i have bought a bose accousstimas 10 5.1 am having difficulties to buy a receiver for it can you suggest me the right one for it please. Thanks Ashvin
- Answer You need a receiver that is strong enough to push the sound through the speakers. I bought a Yamaha RX-A770 rated at 110 watts per channel. I've had the system about a month and it sounds incredible!!
- Answer Hey Rose, thanks for asking! The Acoustimass® 10 Series V home theater speaker system is compatible with home theater receivers/amplifiers that offer 10-200 watts per channel, 4-8 ohms. Have a nice day, Suzanne - Bose Support
Questionhi, I just purchase the Marantz SR7011 receiver. I would like to know if the Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V Speaker System will be a fantastic speaker system to purchase for my receiver, or is their any other speaker system that you may recommend.
- Answer Hi Hugo. Thanks for your inquiry. The Acoustimass 10 V would be a phenomenal choice for the receiver you've mentioned. Since this appears to be a 9.2-channel receiver, you'd also have the ability to add additional speakers. Our 161s, 201s, or 301s would be great additions! Best regards - Brian
QuestionI have 6.2 channel Sony home theatre system . Can I use receiver of same system to bose Acoustimass 10 series V. Does using other brand receiver hamper sound quality of bose speakers. Thank u n regards
- Answer Hello Kishor, thank you for the question. The Acoustimass 10 series V is rated for 10-200 W per channel, 4-8 ohms. As long as the receiver meets these requirements, it will work. Regards, Joel - Bose Support
QuestionWhat's the difference between the series 5 and the series 4 other than the physical design of the speakers?
- Answer The design of the satellite speakers is the only difference between the two series.
QuestionDoes it come with wall mounts?I want to install this system in my new home, which came prewired with speaker cables in the walls. I am wondering two things: 1. It appears that this system does not come with wall mounts. Is the UB-20 Series II wall/ceiling bracket the one to buy? Will this mount work with both the Acoustimass 10 and 6 series speakers? (I haven't decided which version I want to buy yet) Are these mounts sold individually? 2. It seems there are special connectors for the speakers to the cables coming from the module. Is this true or can I attach them directly as I would with a regular passive speaker? If a unique connector is required, do I have to buy these at an extra cost or are they included? thanks!
- Answer Hi Dan. These are all great questions. The system does not come with wall mounts. The UB20II brackets are the ones to use for both the Acoustimass 10V and Acoustimass 6V and they are sold individually. The UB20II brackets come with everything you will need to connect the speakers to the cables. Thanks!
QuestionCan I add additional 3(three) surround sound speaker to acoustimass 10 with the 5(five) speaker that come with it.
- Answer No additional speakers can be connected to, or output from, the Acoustimass 10 V system directly. However, this system is designed to be connected to a digital or analog receiver/amplifier. Should your receiver/amplifier output to additional channels, you can connect additional speakers directly to your receiver/amplifier.
QuestionDo you have to have a receiver to run this system ? And is it compatible with wireless speakers ?
- Answer Yes, you need a receiver. It basically connects to the Receiver by connecting to each of the speaker out connections of your receiver as well as the subwoofer outlet. The Bose controller box then acts as the subwoofer and the Bose speakers connect to it. These are connected via specific connectors although you can get third party versions if you choose not to use their speaker cable. I do not believe this would be compatible with wireless speakers as the Bose control box only has speaker outs and would not be able to communicate with the wireless speakers
- Answer Yes. You need a receiver. I am using a Yamaha Rx 373, not a high end receiver but it does a good job.
- Answer Yes work just fine with denon receivers
- Answer Hi Jojo, as mentioned by others this is just a speaker package, you need an AV receiver to use this product. The CD playback will be dependent on the features of the receiver. If the amp does not feature an internal CD player, you may be able to connect one. Most DVD/BR players can play CDs.
- Answer No, the Acoustimass 10 Series V system cannot be connected directly to any additional speakers - wireless, or hard-wired.
QuestionI'm considering purchasing an Acoustimass 10 to pair with my new 65" TV and wondering if the 4 satellite speakers are wireless?
- Answer Hello Sandman! We're excited to hear that you are interested in the Acoustimass 10 series V home theater system. This system does require to be wired to a receiver for power. The system requires a receiver that offers 10-200 W per channel, 4-8 ohms. Hope this helps! Best regards. Ashley - Bose Support
QuestionHi, I am planning to buy this system, but wanted to connect the rear speakers wirelessly. I had a previous 5.1 system from bose and i was able to buy a wireless rear speaker module for. I could not find anything like this on bose website. thanks
- Answer Thanks for your interest in the Acoustimass 10 Series V 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System, Gazzazh. This system is engineered primarily as a wired home theater solution, however, some customers have enjoyed this rear speaker wireless adapter from Best Buy: https://bit.ly/2xJahcv. For the best advice in using the adapter with the AM10, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at 1-800-367-4008. They are available M-F 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern. Thank you, and have a great day! Jesse - Bose Support