Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $379.00
QuestionI understand calls are supposed sound better and have better noise cancellation, but really... who cares? I’ll be primarily using these for music and movies. How does the sound quality and noise cancellation compare to the QC 35s for music and movies?
- Answer Hi Mike I have owned the QC series myself great headphones. The 700 series are so much better in the ANC department as well as the sound quality! By the way phone calls are leaps and bounds better on the 700 series! Trust me Mike you well hopefully won't be disappointed I am not that's for sure! Hope this helps!
QuestionWhat is the battery life?
- Answer Hello! We're glad to hear of your interest in our Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. A full charge powers the headphones for up to 20 hours when used wirelessly, and this usually lasts longer when connected via the cable instead. This headset will take 2.5 hours to charge to full from 0%, and a 15 minute charge will power the headphones for roughly 3.5 hours. We hope this answers your question!
QuestionWill these still be secure in their noise cancellation even when you wear glasses? The bow of my glasses it pretty thick and I notice some noise cancellation is compromised with the wearing of my glasses with the QC35II I wear now.
- Answer I wear Oakley black framed glasses, the frame is somewhat thick and I have had no problems. The foam pieces are almost like a memory foam and squish around them pretty snuggly.
QuestionWhat is the warranty on these headphones? what is the level of repair or replacement after the warranty runs out?
- Answer From the Bose warranty site: Bose Corporation (“Bose”) warrants your product against defects in materials and workmanship when purchased directly from Bose or a Bose authorized reseller. This warranty is extended only to the original end-use purchaser or the person receiving the product as a gift and shall not be extended to any other person or transferee. The warranty is valid from the date of retail purchase for a period of 1 year and a period of 5 years for passive, non-powered loudspeakers. In the case of a covered warranty defect, Bose will at its option: (A) repair the product using new or refurbished parts; (B) replace the product with an equivalent new or refurbished product; or (C) provide a partial or full refund of the original purchase price to you in exchange for return of the product. This warranty does not cover defects or damage arising from improper use or maintenance, normal wear and tear, commercial use, accident or external causes. Unauthorized repair, modification or customization of your product voids this warranty.
QuestionI need these to make business phone calls while have grandkids in the house, but not the same room...will it cancel the kid's noice so the person on the other end of the line cannot hear a scream in another room or downstairs?
- Answer Hello yes this earphones are so good for that because you can adjust it to totally cancel out or at your desire if you taking care of some other thing at the same time sound quality exelent of course .
- Answer Hello! We're glad to hear of your interest in our new headphones! These headphones are not designed for strenuous physical activities like the gym. This is mostly because the headset uses touch sensitive controls on the side of the headset. Once you start getting sweaty from your workout, much like with touch-sensitive phones, you be unlikely to be able to control this easily, and this may result in unintended functionality, such as accidentally skipping tracks if it does not register an input correctly. Furthermore, these headphones are IPX4 rated, meaning that these are water/liquid resistant, but we do not recommend constant exposure to liquids or sweat, as this may cause the ear-cushions to degrade or wither over time. We would recommend that you look at our SoundSport Free headphones if you are interested in a headset that is designed for use with these sorts of activities!
QuestionI am looking for a snoring cancelling devise ONLY, I do NOT want to listen to music or anything else. I just want quiet. I do not want to hear my husband's snoring. Will these headphones give me simple silence ? thank you !
- Answer Do NOT buy these for that. Even if the noise canceling feature was enough without other sounds, the 10 minute motion shut off makes these useless for most things. I bought them for the exact reason you are asking about. First night I kept waking up to hubby snoring to find out that they turned off by themselves. The following morning I researched why that was happening to find out about this feature that you can not override. VERY disappointing.
QuestionIs it really water resistant?
- Answer Hi there! Our Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are IPX4 rated. This means that they are water resistant from all directions, but are still prone to damage if exposed to liquids for sustained periods of time, or to excessive quantities of liquids. We hope this clears this up for you!
QuestionI want to use these on a 10 hour plus commercial flight so will I be able to use a cord via the usb charging station available on the seats or via my portable charger?
- Answer The battery is described as a 20-hour battery. You cannot use them while they are charging. You would likely find it more convenient to purchase a longer USB-C to USB -A cable for use on a plane. BUT, please see recently posted review with comments on Auto Shut-Off feature, and search it on the Bose Community support website. There are a number of complaints about using these headphones on airplanes.
QuestionDo these offer aptX or aptX HD support? And if not, will there be a firmware update to do so?
- Answer Hi there! At the launch of this product, this will not support aptX or aptX HD. Whilst we cannot discuss the future release plans for this product, if we do expect to make this available in the future we would make this information available on all of our social platforms, so we would advise keeping an eye out there. Have a wonderful day!
Questionthe arc that connects the two parts of the headphone is is plastic or metal? 10+ years ago I had a Bose headphones and it was made of plastic. It broke and Bose could not repair it.
- Answer The headband is made from stainless steel, with an underside of soft silicone-covered foam.
QuestionI want to use this while at home working. Will it work with my computer, using Zoom and Skype etc?
- Answer Yes, the NC 700 headphones are great for working from home. They feature Bluetooth, meaning they're compatible with a huge range of third-party Bluetooth devices.
QuestionCan one person listen to the tv connected to the Bose sound bar 500 and the other listen to the same tv through the headphones at the same time?
- Answer Regrettably this is not possible
QuestionIf the headphones are water resistant that means they can be used during gym exercises ... sweat ... for about 2 hours without any damage? Thank you in advance for the answer
- Answer Yes they can although they will start smelling from the sweat.
- Answer Hello! We're glad to hear of your interest in our new headphones! The NC700 headphones will come with your choice of Voice Assistant, allowing you to choose between Amazons' Alexa, Google Voice Assistant or Siri for apple devices. This will be setup from the Bose Music app when you first setup this product, or at a later date by navigating back to this afterwards. We hope this helps!
QuestionI am an autistic adult looking for noises canceling with out music. I just want things to be quiet sometimes I would want music. But I just need quiet when I am out and about. Do these work for that? I bought beats and they didn’t do what I need.
- Answer As a student with ADHD, I really like these headphones; however, if you're looking for 100% noise cancelling without music, these may not be what you're looking for. I am currently sitting in a coffee shop, and although these headphones do wonders, I can still hear others around me with the noise canceling at max and music playing softlly.