Questions & Answers
- QUIETCOMFORT 25 SMSG SE TRIPLE
Your price for this item is $299.99
- Answer The Quiet Comfort 25 headphones are available in iOS models where the controls have been optimized for use with Apple products and SMSG models which have the controls optimized for use with Samsung Galaxy/Android devices.
QuestionAre both the Apple and Samsung cords available in a single version?I have a Samsung phone and an iPad. I'd like to be able to use these headphones with either one. Can I get an Apple cord if I buy the Samsung version or vice-versa? If I want to use with a combined mic / headphone jack on a laptop, will either of these work?
- Answer Hi there. Great question. The wires are removable and available separately, so if you wanted the ability to switch between Samsung and Apple devices, you could purchase the headphones in either variant and then contact us to purchase the other cable. We are available at 800-380-4831 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 9pm EST and Saturday 9am to 7pm EST. Thanks!
- Answer These headphones will give you fantastic sound from any device with a standard headphone jack. However, the microphone and control buttons on these headphones were designed specifically for the Apple/Samsung devices. There may be limited functionality with Windows phones with those particular features.
QuestionI bought a Bose quietcomfort 25 for my hubby's Samsung phone but the box says it's for Apple I phone. Can this be used for Samsung phone?
- Answer They made two versions; one for iOS (Apple Phones), and Samsung/Android/GOOGLE devices. For the more modern units, if your phone has a TRRS connector, this should work. Since the Bose QC35's connect a microphone and headphones through the same jack, there is an additional connection within that jack that needs to be there. The standards got a little mixed up, but thankfully standards have emerged which all but eliminate this problem. The newer CTIA/AHJ wiring standard reverses the last two mentioned, so it calls for Tip to be used for left audio, Ring 1 to be used for right audio, ring 2 to be used for ground, and the sleeve to be used for microphone. According to my research, this newer CTIA/AHJ wiring standard is used in products from Apple, HTC, latest Nokia, latest Samsung, Jolla, Sony (Dualshock 4), Microsoft (including Surface, Lumia, and XboxOne controller with chat adapter) and most Android phones. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard. Most Mac computers from 2008-2013 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line. There are issues with 2014 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models as well as late 2013 iMac models, making them not compatible. If you still feel confused, don't worry. Simply plug the wire connector in, and make a test call. If the wired connection isn't working for you, connect via Bluetooth.
QuestionHello I am looking for a top notch pair of headphones for hubby he enjoys listening to his music any suggestions
- Answer I've used the BOSE QC35's and am very happy. I was also happy with the QC15 and QC25 when each came out. Each showed improved performance and sound isolation. The only real advantage of the QC35 over the QC25 is that you may use a BT connection. The 35's also have slightly better sound isolation, and a rechargeable battery. The advantage of the 25's is that if you don't need wireless capacity, you also don't need to deal with charging your headphones...just drop in a single AAA battery for about 25 hours of continuous use. If you go that route, make sure you're only using premium lithium batteries, as they can give you upwards of 30 hours.' Asthetically, the all black QC35's are a nice blend of comfort, sound quality and noise reduction. The microphone sounds great to people I call via cell phone, and the streaming box I use (ROKU) means that I can watch my movie without waking up the house. It also means that I can walk into the kitchen for a bottle of water without losing the sound of the movie. If my phone rings, I can take the call at the same time. While using my PC, I get great enjoyment out of being able to not hear the AC!
QuestionI am wanting the quiet comfort 15 notice cancelling headphones. Which new version is the exact same one?
- Answer Thank you for reaching out for clarification. The QC25 (wired) and QC35 (wireless) and the newest versions of the QC15 headphones. If you have questions to help with your decision, we have experienced technicians at the ready to answer them. You can reach us at 1-800-379-2073. We are open from Mon. – Fri., 9 AM – 9 PM EST.
- Answer The Quiet Comfort 25 Noise Cancelling Headphones are available in Apple and Samsung versions. The Apple designs are labeled "iOS version." They are currently on sale! Please follow this link to take a look: http://bit.ly/1m66op4
QuestionAudio CordI notice that the product description states the cord is NOT detachable but when I look at the pictures, I notice that the headphones have an audio jack which I'm assuming acts as a plug for the audio cord. So which is it? Can I take the cord off of the headphone and use them independently???
- Answer Yes, you can detach the cord and use them purely for noise cancelling. Be aware that they are not a Bluetooth headset, so the cable is necessary if you want music.
- Answer The primary difference is that the QC25 will work when the battery runs out. Not great sound quality at that point though. Sound-wise there's a very minor difference between the current and previous model.
- Answer You can use these headphones with any device that has a standard 3/8 inch (3.5mm) headphone jack.However the buttons on the cord may not work properly.
QuestionCan I have QC25 White version for SMSG?Hello, In your site, I can find only QC25 black version for SMSG. (Actually, QC25 white version has no sign for iphone or SMSG) So I want to know whether you have QC25 white version or not Thanks
- Answer There is a white color set of these for Samsung/Android but they are not available for in store pick-up in most Best Buy locations, only for home shipment. Try this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-samsung-and-android-white/7255216.p?id=1219672625377&skuId=7255216. (Copy then paste this to your browser.)