Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $189.99
- Answer I own a BOV650XL oven. Here is what I measured: Outside is 16.5" wide, 13.5" deep, 9.5" high. Inside is 12" wide, 12" deep, 6.5" high. The outside depth includes the handle that sticks out about an inch. I hope this answers your question.
QuestionWhich Breville model is a better choice?I checked bestreviews.com and they named the Breville BOV800XL Smart oven 1800 Watt Convection Oven as their top choice. I am wondering if the Breville Compact Smart Oven will be enough to suit our needs. Typically, we use our Black & Decker toaster oven for toast and some warming. My husband seems to think that we may use a toaster oven more often if it had more options available. Would you recommend the Breville Compact Smart Oven or the larger one? There are only two of us in our household.
- Answer I got the larger one and am so glad I did. It was on sale at the time. I use it for baking (banana nut bread), reheating, and for cooking small frozen pizzas and other frozen foods. I also use it for toast and for keeping food warm, e.g., pancakes. It takes a lot less time to preheat and the heat serves as a convection oven because of the close proximity of the food to the heat source. I live by myself although I often have my grandkids and other relatives/visitors over quite often. This really comes in handy when you want to prepare something quick for them and you don't want to or can't use the microwave.
QuestionProduct info says, " . . . . . even cook a 12" pizza." But pan is only 10 x 10 (same as in Breville Mini 450). Can someone describe pizza baking size/experience more for Breville 650, please.
- Answer I just bought one and it's great. I can fit a whole refrigerated pizza like from the grocery store and it fits perfect with no need to bend the pizza. Perhaps a larger than standard store bought frozen pizza might not work but all the standard sizes will. Ther insertable pan is only 10" square but you dont use a pan with pizzas, you put them directly on the 12" X 12" grill... perfect fit. Nice, even heating.
QuestionDoes it come with any other accessories?I saw this Breville Compact oven for the same price in other stores and some will include a 10"x10" baking pan and/or pizza pan and/or bamboo cutting board on top. Does this one from BB come with any of those accessories?
- Answer It came with a baking pan with broiling pan insert. No pizza pan or bamboo cutting board.
- Answer The BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven and BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven share the same features and power; however, the BOV650XL also includes a broil pan (available separately for the BOV450XL) and is larger by about 1 inch on all sides.
- Answer The majority of the venting on the Breville® BOV650 Smart Oven® Compact is on the sides so while the back does get warm, so long as the cord is not being pressed against the back of the oven, it will not require extra protection.
- Answer Oven beeps when preheated.
QuestionCan I bake fish sticks and chicken nuggets in this oven? My normal oven lost function and I do not want to purchase another full-size oven right now?
- Answer Yes, it works perfectly with the bake tray included with the oven, I have cooked both nuggets and fish sticks, just follow the instructions of the respective food package (temperature & bake time) and your food would be good and ready to eat.
- Answer Our products are designed and engineered at our global headquarters in Sydney Australia and assembled in China. For more information on the history of Breville® in the global marketplace, please visit our corporate website at http://www.brevillegroup.com.au/
- Answer The Breville® BOV650 Smart Oven® Compact is not a convection oven. However, the BOV670 Smart Oven® Compact Convection does.
QuestionIs the BOV650XL capable of baking a small cake (8"x8" pan)? Is it possible to choose baking temp. or are they all "preset?
- Answer The preset times and temperatures on the Breville® BOV650 Smart Oven® Compact are suggested times only and are always adjustable. The interior dimensions are (W) 12” x (D) 10” x (H) 4.25" and any item cooked in the oven would need to fit within those dimensions.
- Answer Not self cleaning. Looks same as my original oven which was at least 10 years old. Same functionality and looks
QuestionI just got this Breville Compact Smart Oven toaster oven. it does NOT heat up the toaster on any setting. The power turns on the, but it never get hot the inside. Is this broken?
- Answer Yes, it must be broken because ours works well as soon as you choose the darkness and the number of toasts.
- Answer i own a BREVILLE B0v650 compact smart oven and you can cook a frozen pizza in it.. you can buy pizza pans from the company or you can bake your own,,, i would suggest a small size pizza,,,,, read the instructions in the booklet... or you can call BREVILLE directly at 1-8662738455....the booklet included is easily read......I find the BREVILLE easy to use......as you can add cooking time and degree changes without having an anxiety attack... when it finishes cooking . it will beep ... the light will stay on.. don't panic it will shut off as it cools........ i probably do not have the largest BREVILLE oven but it works well for me and for two people.
QuestionIS THERE A VOCAL TIMER THAT TICKS AND DINGS???? DOES IT CONSISTENTLY TOAST BREAD WITHOUT A TIMER?????? THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES.
- Answer The timer function varies by task. Set toast for number of pieces and darkness level and at the end of cycle you get beeps. So yes there is a beep for toast timing that you control and when it is complete the oven shuts off and beeps to let you know its done. Same for bagel, bake and broil. I have set broil to ten minute intervals and when done it will beep. For baking there is a prebake temp that occurs prior to the actual baking. When prebake temp is reached then the baking will occur at your desired temp for as many minutes as you desire.
- Answer Unfortunately the rack does not slide out when the oven door is opened. Other than that we really like the oven.
- Answer The Compact Smart Oven has quartz elements.