Questions & Answers
Questionthe specifications say 2 cartridges required but only 1 comes with it. Can we use just one? no access to another cartridge where we live
- Answer This is a monochromatic (i.e. black and white) printer. It uses a single print cartridge. There are two official Brother ink cartridges to chose from: the TN420 and the TN450. Both of these cartridges will work, but one will print an estimated 1,200 pages (the TN420) and the other will print 2,600 (the TN450).
- Answer Yes, you can use this printer without a phone line connected to it.
- Answer The fax does require connection to a landline.
- Answer Face down.
QuestionDoes it print confirmation of fax sent?Does the Fax machine print a confirmation that the fax has been successfully sent?
- Answer Default is off but it is very easy to program it for on. Just follow the instruction on how to in the owners guide. It's on page 25 of " Sending a Fax ".
- Answer Yes, you can use an existing land line phone number for the fax machine.
QuestionDoes it automatically reduce?If someone faxes us a legal-sized (8.5 x 14") document, will this fax automatically reduce it to letter size (8.5 x 11")?
- Answer Yes, it will automatically reduce the size.
QuestionHow to solve problem -- dialing and accepting document phone rings at t the number large number of times and message says busy but when I called to check with the person who was to receive fax -- they say no problem at their end -- line not being used
- Answer I understand you are having an issue with a busy signal on your FAX2840. Here is a FAQ that may help. https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64814?R3ModelID=FAX2840
- Answer Yes, FAX2840 allows you can put a logo or text into your document as a watermark.
- Answer No. FAX-2840 Printer is not Bluetooth compatible.
QuestionCan the brother 2840 IntelliFax print in color? I've been trying to find color toner cartridges online and cannot seem to find any
- Answer No, this Fax2840 prints only Black and White.
QuestionCan the brother intellifax 2840 print out computer documents. In other words, Can it double as a printer?
- Answer I'm not the primary user of this we purchased the 2840 for an employees home to send work orders. According the Brother's reviews on the 2840 it can function as a printer.