Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $179.99
QuestionHow does Wi-Fi work?How easy is it to use the Wi-Fi feature in this camera? I have never had a camera that had a wi-fi option. Can you send the pictures from the camera onto an iPhone in a few seconds? Does it require any extra software or excellent computer skills? Thank you!
- Answer You can send pictures to an iPhone by downloading the Canon Camera Connect App. You can also post it to social media.
- Answer Yes, you will need to buy a memory card; it does not come with one. It takes standard size SDHC or SDXC cards. I believe a 32 GB card can hold maybe 4,000 high quality pics or a couple hours of video. You can get a high speed (80 or 90+ MB/s) one quite cheaply these days. Personally I prefer to have several smaller cards rather than one big one for photos so I have different events on different cards. It's easier for me to manage than having 15,000 unrelated pics on one big card. For video I prefer the bigger and faster cards so I don't have to worry about having to switch cards in the middle of filming a longer event.
QuestionCan I transfer the pictures to my PC using a cable since its a old PC and does not have wifi
- Answer Yes, you can transfer the photos to a PC using a USB cable.
- Answer Yes, it has 10X optical and 4X digital zoom. The zoom control is a tiny knob on the ring around the button that you press to take a picture. It is smaller and harder to control than the toggle switch type that I am used to on the older Canons. It takes some practice getting used to and it is so sensitive that it is easy to over zoom and then under zoom when you try to back it off a bit.
- Answer We were taking a lot of pictures on our trip, and the battery lasted almost all day.
- Answer This model has 720p HD video capabilities.
- Answer No USB. Has an AC adaptor. The battery is removed from the camera and then placed in the charger.
QuestionExplain to me how the Wifi thing works. I am debating on this updated version or the non-updated version and the really big difference between the 2 was Wifi. Was it worth it?
- Answer You download an app and it connects like Bluetooth. The WiFi button on the camera gives you the steps you need right on the camera and walks you through the process once the app is downloaded. From the app you can upload them to your photo album on your phone/computer or email or whatever
QuestionDoes this camera have a zoom lens when using the video recording function? And can the video be downloaded onto a computer?
- Answer Yes you can zoom when using the video recording and Yes you can download the video to a computer. Those are the main 2 reasons i bought this camera when i was shopping for one. I have two children and i love taking pictures and videos of them as they grow older.
- Answer Yes, a relative. She was able to take "many" clear photos during a community event. The zoom allowed for a few artistic pics as well.
- Answer No it takes real good clear pictures. There are lots of options that you can choose to clear the picture up if it comes out blurry. I know one option is Auto or program. If you use Auto it then does lots of different things like stabilize, zoom and other things before it snaps the picture, Don't worry it does this really fast and you dont even notice it is doing it.
- Answer Yes, you need a computer to upload photos to Facebook.