Questions & Answers
QuestionCOM PORT ISSUEI HAVE A NEW HP LAPE TOP I WANT TO USE, BUT THE COMPUTER SEE'S ONLY COM PORT 3 THRU 6 I NEED TO USE COM PORT 1 OR 2 IS THERE A WAY OF CHANGING THAT
- Answer Yes, you can change that in the laptop's bios which you can access at system start up. Consult your manual or the maker's website for the exact procedure to do so for your model laptop.
- Answer It does not appear this cable is available on BestBuy.com, as it is listed as being sold out. It may also be out of stock at your local Best Buy store; however, you can check store availability on BestBuy.com by entering your zip code. I would encourage you to periodically check BestBuy.com for availability updates. Thank you!
QuestionDo I need some special app or driver to conect this USB/Serial adapter with a Mac ?I want to communicate a MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9 (13A603)) with another divice by serial port, but I need to know if this USB/Serial adapter can do this? Thanks
- Answer This adapter is male on the serial end, if your port is female you should have no problem. If your port is male, then you'll need some kind of female adapter.
- Answer If the project has a female serial port, I don't see why it wouldn't, unless the port is meant to be used solely for programming. Try checking your owners manual or contact the manufacturer regarding the port on the projector.
QuestionFTDI chipDo you have a Serial to USB Adapter that is compatible with a Windows 8 - 64 bit system and that contains an FTDI chip?
- Answer Unfortunately we do not have a device with an FTDI chip at this time
Questionneed pin out of the dx-ubdb9 db9 connectorI want to use the dx-ubdb9 to talk to our custom hardware. Our hardware uses pin 2 for data out, 3 for data in, and 5 for ground. I need to know what pins on the db9 are used for its data in, data out, and ground.
- Answer This device adds a SERIAL port to your computer by using a USB port. The PINOUTS will be IDENTICAL to that of a standard serial port. Quick search turned up the following: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=serial+port+pinout&id=86858F8C2D43AD05CC90843673E75715B9D64D9B&FORM=IQFRBA
QuestionMY HP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR CD FOR THIS USB ADAPTOR, SAYS DRIVERS ARE MISSING.PLUGGED IN YOUR ADAPTOR DX-UBDB9 AND PUT IN CD; HOWEVER HP COMPUTER SAYS DRIVERS ARE MISSING.
- Answer Find a computer that has a CD ROM that will recognize a mini disk. Copy driver to a flash drive. Install driver from flash drive. flash drive = thumb drive, ect.....
- Answer If you have/can find a female/female adapter to place between the port and the male cable it should work fine.
- Answer Contact Dynex.
- Answer Use the PROLIFIC driver http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?id=31
QuestionDo you have a driver that works on 64bit Windows 7The downloaded driver won't install on 64bit windows 7. We need a signed 64bit driver.
- Answer I had the same problem, I loaded a windows 7 emulator that runs 32 bit and it works great now.