Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $999.99
- Answer around 150-250 just look it up on youtube if u dont trust me
QuestionWhat ram memory would I need to add another 8gb. I would want to use the EXACT type that is already in there.
- Answer If you want to upgrade to 32 Gb of RAM I swappped out the single 8Gb Kingston HyperX 3200 that it came with for two 16Gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 Best Buy had in stock. It seems to be perfectly compatible and running great for me and it's also cool to look at.
QuestionIs this PC going to be easy to find upgrades for in the future? Mainly for the RAM, CPU and Graphics card?
- Answer I already swapped out the Ryzen 5 CPU for a Ryzen 7 without a hiccup. I replaced the 8Gb Kingston HyperX 3200 memory it came with for 32 Gb Corsaire Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 RAM. I've got a RTX 2080 ti GPUon order. I'll probably have to upgrade the powersupply. It comes with a 500 watt Cooler Master 80 Plus Bronze power supply. Nothing seems to be proprietary except the motherboard. You won't have any problem upgrading this computer when you're ready.
- Answer Here are the specs of the computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06613573 The motherboard is Moria 3. If you click on the motherboard link, you go to this page which shows detailed specs of the motherboard, expansion ports, etc. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06611431
- Answer This computer has the following 3 connections for a monitor: DVI-D HDMI DisplayPort™
- Answer Yes, it has a replaceable bottom air filter.
- Answer Yes, the wired keyboard and mouse are included with this desktop.
QuestionDoes anybody else’s CPU run hot? My cpu shows an ideal temperature of around 60c and around 93c when gaming. Is this common? Any input would be appreciated!
- Answer I added an addition case fan in the top. Also use the Ryzen master software because I read the HWMonitor wakes up the cores and inflates the temps.. Mine was idling at 50C. In advanced Windows Power Management the setting for “Minimum Processor State” was set to 99%. So all the cores were running at full speed all the time. This cause the processor temps to be high. I set the “Minimum Processor State” down to 20% which allows the cores to throttle down when not in use. This has reduced my Idle temperatures to a better but not ideal 40 degrees Celsius. I can live with that.
QuestionIm on a budget and need a monitor for this desktop. Can someone recommend a monitor that is compatible with this desktop that does NOT need any extra adapters? Anything under 220 will be okay. Thanks.
- Answer Hi there! I recently bought this desktop (fabulous by the way, my kid loves it!) I attached a monitor to my answer but just in case it doesn't attach, it's on Best Buy: ASUS - 24" LED FHD FreeSync Monitor - Black Super great quality as of now (haven't seen issues), it's under your budget for sure! No extra adapters really, it comes with everything we didn't have to buy anything. HDMI & audio cords all came with and connects just fine to the desktop. The only thing about audio is when it plays out of the monitor itself, it sounds fine, just quiet for us but overall not too bad. Because we wanted a crisper sound, we bought some speakers from Amazon, connected, and definitely came out louder! However not required :) Enjoy!
I would recommend:
QuestionLooking for the part number for the coolmaster liquid cooler that has the OMEN logo on it with rgb lighting.
- Answer I was looking for the Omen water cooler too but ended up just buying a standard RGB 120mm Cooler Master water cooler. The model I used is Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML 120R RGB. It comes with it's own RGB lighting effects controller. It wasn't an easy install. Watch the youtube videos HP posted on how to remove the front top and side panels. You also have to completely remove the motherboard to attach the backplate and retaining screws for the water block. HP does not use the AM4 standard for the heat sink mount and the existing back plate won't work but it just happens that Master Cooler included the right ones just look carefully at the diagrams and you'll figure it out. It's a lot of work. Make sure you carefully remove the m.2 wifi card. I thought I ripped the tiny wires from it but they actually have almost microscopic buttons on the ends so you can press them back on they are not soldered on. There are no mounting holes on the top of the case for the radiator/fan but it just happens that two screw holes diagonal from each other line up with holes in the mesh. If you press hard the screws will cut their own grooves and screw into the fan/radiator holding it securely in place. The plastic top cover of the case completely hides the screws heads so it looks good. I've never attempted anything like this before. It took me four and a half hours but it is worth it. My Omen is now running between 35 and 50C during normal use. I haven't done any heavy gaming so I don't know the top end temps but definitely better than the stock cooler. The indent on the top of the case for the usb ports, mic/headphone jacks and and power button get in the way of a 240mm radiator with two top fans. If I can do it anybody can do it is definitely worth the effort.
I would recommend:
QuestionIs this desktop good for running high end games? Also how does it do with running The Sims 4 + Sims 4 expansions?
- Answer It will run the sims 4 perfectly at the highest settings. it will run the latest high end games easily.
QuestionWhen does this pc restock?
- Answer I have noticed it's usually in stock earlier in the morning? Around 9am or so is when I noticed it was in stock when I started looking to buy one. Then was out of stock a couple hours later when I went back to buy it. I checked back the next morning and it was back in stock so I purchased one and it went out of stock shortly after! Just keep checking frequently as they go in and out of stock pretty quickly! I just went and picked mine up 2 days ago and love it!!
- Answer It comes with one stick of 8GB RAM pre-installed, and it does have RGB that you can control with the OMEN Command Center. There is an extra slot where you can add another stick of RAM if you would like to purchase one and install it yourself. The exact model number for the HyperX RAM this computer comes with is HX432C16FB3A/8
QuestionWould I be better off buying a new set of Ram to expand to 16gb so I don't run into the issue of it dropping from 3200 to 2400, or would it not make a difference?
- Answer It wouldnt matter. As of right now theres no way around the dropping speeds unfortionatly
- Answer Unfortunately, this desktop does not include a monitor. The upside is that you can choose the monitor that best suits your needs and space.
QuestionCan you switch out the case on this pc for more cooling? I'm at good temps but I want to switch my case for more room and upgrades is that possible or would I have to change some of the parts?
- Answer I recently just transferred all my components from my 30L Omen and everything worked out fine. The process is a little confusing but definitely doable