Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhy don't we get HP Spectre Leather Sleeve with this laptop? It is included inside the box in HP's website.. (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan anyone comment on fan noise? Thanks! (2 Answers)Answers
Has a significant amount of fan noise at high CPU load, but most of the time it runs quietly. If you want ultra quiet and don't mind the performance trade off, look at the new Dell XPS 13 inch 2 in1. Has fanless m type i7 processor, but this Spectre i7 outperforms it in almost all test. PS I love this Spectre x360, worth the $$$.
- Questioni got these laptop..and everything is good except the battery life..i got like 3-4hr only on normal use like youtubing..watching video..guys is these normal?? (2 Answers)Answers
That is about what I'm seeing too. I've tested several laptops recently, including the Dell XPS 2in1 i7y 16gb 256gb, the Lenovo Yoga 910 i7 16gb 512gb, the Lenovo 720 i7 8gb 256gb, and the HP Spectre x360 i7 16gb 512gb. All of these computers have about the same size battery, except for the Lenovo 720 which is smaller. They all have pretty similar hardware except the Dell, which has the throttled fanless processor. With Windows, any browsers in Windows, a touchscreen, and the video/processor/wifi demands of showing and streaming video, I think this is all we can get out of a Windows laptop right now. I have not yet tested a Mac, but I'm curious if the hardware/software integration is better. If you really want great battery life from Windows, then you have to sacrifice the amazing portability and form factor of these near tablet size computers and go for something like the Lenovo T470 with similar hardware, but which has multiple, and larger, batteries.
- QuestionDoes this laptop come with international warranty or just US local warranty? The other question for those who bought it already, can you please tell us about the fan noise in this laptop is it noisy or quit? Thanks (3 Answers)
- QuestionDoes it come with a pen? What version would you have chosen if ypu had the choice to do it again, the 4k one or this same one? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes, it comes with a pen. I can't imagine ever actually using it, but I tried it and it works well. I was concerned that the HD version would be noticeably less sharp than the 4K, but in actual use you won't tell the difference. Also, this should have better battery life than the 4K version due to less pixels being rendered. I would happily buy this version again. It's a good laptop. The 2-in-1 thing is kind of a gimmick, I think, but it has all of the other features I wanted in a laptop.
- QuestionDoes this model come with an ethernet port? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs the key board lit, why can't one time install of Office and not yearly , how many ports? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI need it to use solidworks, mathcad, mathlab, solidworks, ansys and similar programs. Do you guys think this laptop will work ? (2 Answers)Answers
This can be a bit tricky. MATLAB, MathCAD, and similar programs should run no problem. Solidworks might have some issues, mostly because that usually requires a bit more power in terms of graphics processing. However, if you don't mind some lag on larger projects with (a few seconds at worst usually) Solidworks you can definitely run it without much issue. Definitely expect the fans to be running the whole time, expect some heat, and expect the battery life to drain quite a bit more quickly with Solidworks. However, if you have this set up at a desk, charger hooked up, and maybe even a cooling pad, this can handle all you need just fine. I personally run MATLAB often on the Spectre with no performance issues, and run FPGA simulations that run without much lag at all. If you are constantly working on large projects, or plan on using more CAD programs I would consider something with a dedicated GPU and/or a 45 Watt processor, such as the Dell XPS 15 or Lenovo Thinkpad P-series. Both the Spectre and the Dell XPS 15 can handle these programs without much issue, but the XPS will run CAD software noticeably faster.
- Questionprocessor speed, and weight (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoe this laptop have a 3:2 display that is similar to the Surface? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions