Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $189.99
- Answer Hi Taylor, the Intel Core I5-9400 meets the minimum system requirements for many of the most popular VR systems available today. If you want to get the most out of your VR experience not only today but in the future I highly recommend looking at the latest Intel 10th generation processors like the Intel - Core i9-10900K or Intel - Core i7-10700K which can be found here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/computer-cards-components/computer-pc-processors/abcat0507010.c?id=abcat0507010&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Intel%5Enumberofcores_facet%3DNumber%20of%20Cores~10-core%5Enumberofcores_facet%3DNumber%20of%20Cores~8-core%5Eprocessorsocketsv_facet%3DProcessor%20Socket~Socket%20LGA%201200. Thank you for choosing Intel.
- Answer No this processor Will not work. Your motherboard supports processor with 1150 pga and this processor is 1151.
- Answer Yes, the Asus TUF B360M-E has a LGA 1151 socket which is compatible with the Intel Core i5 9400 CPU that requires a LGA 1151 socket for installation.
QuestionI have a Hewlett-Packard 2af7 motherboard and I got the i5-9400 and I’m wondering will the cpu and motherboard work we’ll together
- Answer No, you have to check the socket.
QuestionI recently brought a Intel i5 9400 core processor and can not find the master key where is the master key located?
- Answer Hi prophecy, The Avengers game code promotion was while supplies last and no more codes are available. Thank you for choosing Intel.
QuestionCan this work with dell inspirion 15 3000 If not which core i5 can work with dell Inspiron 15 3000 and which is good for gaming
- Answer Hi Aditya, the Intel core i5-9400 is a desktop processor and will not work with your Dell Inspirion 15 3000 laptop. Since the CPU is soldered onto the motherboard on your laptop unfortunately you will not be able to upgrade the processor. Thank you for choosing Intel.
- Answer Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 1st Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors. Does not support Intel CPUs. You will need to search for a motherboard that supports Intel 1151 format.
- Answer Mari, The Gigabyte Motherboard that you are referring to is an AMD motherboard and will not support the Intel Core i5-9400 9th Generation Processor mentioned. We would recommend that you check out MSI’s MPG Z390 Gaming Plus at Best Buy. It’s a great ATX Board with 2 advanced M.2 slots and fast RAM (DDR 4) support; which all modern platforms have already switched to. We would highly recommend that you use DDR4 RAM with all newer Intel Core processors. Thank you for choosing Intel
Questionthis is my first time building a pc and i was wondering if this can be plugged into any motherbaord
- Answer Any motherboard that is Intel 9th gen compatible
QuestionWhen I buy this product does it come with 3 year warranty, I’m new to stuff like this so I have no idea.
- Answer Hi Antonio, you are correct. The Intel Core I5-9400 processor you are looking at does come with a 3 year Manufacturer's Warranty for parts and labor. Thank you for choosing Intel.
- Answer Charlie, What comes in the packaging will be the Intel Core i5-9400 Processor, an Instruction Booklet and the Stock Aircooler. There is no bracket required in the package as the Motherboard's Bracket/Lever locks the Processor in.
QuestionI need this for working at home so I have specific requirements, such as: 8 g b ram, 2 video outputs, vga/HDM1, vga adapter, 3 ports, 2 or higher threads.
- Answer Hi JN, this product is just for the processor. You would need to make sure whatever motherboard you currently have or looking to purchase has the ports you are looking for. Best Buy does have the MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (Socket LGA1151) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Intel Motherboard with LED Lighting which has 1 DVI-D, 1 HDMI so you would have get a DVI to VGA adapter which Best Buy does stock as well.
Questionmsi z170a gaming pro compatible with this processor. Currently have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU 2 3.70GHZ 3696 mhz 2 cores
- Answer Ryan, the Intel Core Processor i5-9400 9th Generation is not compatible with your motherboard MSI z170a. Here is a compatible MSI motherboard at Best Buy that contains the Intel Z390 Chipset that is needed to be compatible with the Intel Core Processor i5-9400 Chipset MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (Socket LGA1151) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Intel Motherboard with LED LightingModel: MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS SKU:6305798
- Answer Yes, this is compatible with that motherboard.
- Answer It requires an LGA1151 300 series MB. Even with the 300 series chipset, there may be compatibility issues with 9 gen cpus. You will have to look at compatibility of your MB model on the Intel website. If your MB is not 300 series, you need a 7 gen cpu.
- Answer Comes with thermal paste preapplied to bottom of cooler. Does not come with a tube of paste.