Questions & Answers
QuestionCan the speaker be played while charging? The SONY XB32 has short battery life and doesn't even last a day at work.. It claims "up to" 24HR battery life, while also not playing music loudly while charging.. The SONY went five hours.. Will this outlast it?
- Answer Hi there, our JBL Charge 4 can be played while charging and when unplugged, has a playtime of up to 20 hours. For more information, please submit a case request so we can assist you: https://support.jbl.com/us/en/customer-service/contact.html
- Answer You can connect the Charge 4 to your TV only through the 3.5mm jack if no bluetooth connection is available for your Tv.
- Answer Those adjustments are accessed from the player device such as the music/sound adjustments in the settings of a Smart Phone or Tablet.
QuestionI would like to know how safe this equipment is since it has a warning sign of causing cancer and reproductive warnings.
- Answer As long as you don't eat it or sleep with it on your head it should be fine
- Answer Hi! Yes you can pair the Charge 4 with multiple speakers with the same Connect+ feature.
- Answer Yes, this speaker has a 3.5 mm input for connecting without Bluetooth.
- Answer Yes, this speaker does have higher bass than JBL charge 3.
- Answer Hey Jimmie, thanks for asking. The battery level indicator is represented by five white LED light on the bottom front of the speaker. Each LED lights represents a 20% level of power.
- Answer Unfortunately, you cannot pair your JBL Charge 4 to the Flip 5. Because of technology limitations, our Connect+ enabled speakers are not compatible with our PartyBoost speakers. As Bluetooth technology improves, so do our portable products. The new PartyBoost feature allows you to connect hundreds of other PartyBoost enabled speakers and contains a more powerful Bluetooth transmitter, which allows you to play multiple speakers further apart from each other. For more information on our new PatryBoost products, please reach out to us here: https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html.
- Answer If you use the JBL app, you can set up "stereo" and split the sound between the two.
QuestionHow many watts does the JBL charge 4 hold? And is it comparable to Sony srs xb41? Thank you.
- Answer Don't know the watts but I do own both. The Sony is cool sounds great and the lights are fun. The jbl is a little louder and bass is deeper
- Answer Our JBL Charge 4 doesn't have a built-in mic and cannot be used as a speakerphone. Music will stop when you get a phone call and will continue once the call ends.
- Answer iPod Classics lack bluetooth so you need to make sure you choose a JBL speaker that has an 1/8" phone plug auxiliary jack.
QuestionDoes it take long to charge this speaker. I have been charging for more than a day and it only charged up to 2 out of the 5. I connected my galaxy note 10 charger and it has gone up to like 4 in 12 hours. Is this normal? Or did I get a defective speaker?
- Answer Sounds like a bad charger or speaker. Normally it takes no more than 2 hours to charge my speaker and it lasts all day with a single charge.
QuestionI previously asked if there was any way of knowing your battery level and a support tech (promptly) replied informing me about the five lights on the bottom. However is there any way to activate them without plugging in?
- Answer Thanks for reaching out. You can see the battery indicator at the bottom of the speaker even if it's not connected to a power outlet. Make sure the speaker is fully charged.
- Answer The charge 4 is bigger and has more bass and gets louder
- Answer Yes, that is exactly what I do. I just use the bluetooth to connect it. But you could use a cable with the same plug as a headphone jack.
QuestionDoes it use USB to charge?
- Answer yes using the new standard C type connector. Funny for I had just bought a Bluetooth speaker and wasn't happy with the old type cable for charging and my son had just bought this Charge 4 music close to the same bass a bit better but the type C connector is why I returned it and bought the Charge4. I'm an Samsung guy and the wife is am Apple gay. Their 11 was supposed to have the new universal C but didn't have time and read the next IPhone should come out with the C type connector. Hope this helps. DK