Questions & Answers
- LG SN9YG
Your price for this item is $999.99
- Answer Hi adamFL. Amplifiers are not classified as "Passive" or "Active" It's the speakers that are classified as being "Passive" or "Active". The Subwoofer for the LG 5.1.2-Channel 520W Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer and 4K & HDR Support and Atmos® with Google Assistant Built-In- Black, Model # SN9YG is an "Active" speaker. The difference between active and passive speakers is that active speakers have an in-built power amplifier and just need a power source (or battery) to operate, where passive speakers require an external power amplifier to operate. In short, you need an amplifier for passive speakers, you don't with active speakers...^IFV
QuestionAre the 5 horizontal speakers all in the soundbar, or there 2 rear speakers connected by wires?
- Answer All speakers are in the sound bar except for the subwoofer. If you have a very large room and want rear speakers you can add the LG SPK8-S to your system.
I would recommend:
- Answer The Subwoofer for the LG 5.1.2-Channel 520W Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer and 4K & HDR Support and Dolby Atmos with Google Assistant - Black, Model # SN9YG has an output of 220 W RMS so depending on the source, how close it is placed next to your couch, how firm your floors are, whether your floors are bare or carpeted, and how loud you are playing it, it could rumble and vibrate your couch...^IFV
- Answer A smartphone can be paired via Bluetooth to allow you to play music. Operate the Bluetooth device and perform the pairing operation. For details about Bluetooth pairing, refer to your Bluetooth device manual. ^Daphane
QuestionI bought this soundbar and plugged in the hdmi 2.1 cable, after 2 weeks, the sound stops coming out fron the soundbar multiple times despite I changed the cable? Does it support hdmi 2.1 or i just got a defective soundbar?
- Answer Give up, buy a decent soundbar. Look online at all the customers with the same problems. No permanent fix. Bluetooth connection and interference is the main issues. I was too late to return so I now own a useless soundbar that I can’t even sell because I know it will be a problem for anyone trying to use it. Unfortunate that LG will not help knowing so many people have the exact same issues
- Answer The LG SN9YG has 5+2 speakers in the sound bar: center, front L/R on each side of center, far L/R on end caps of sound bar (this is the big delta from the SN8YG and the reason for the extra inch or so in depth), plus two speakers on the top (pointing upward) for Atmos, plus the woofer, thus 5.1.2. If you add the optional SPK8-S kit, then you get rear channels and full 7.1.2.
QuestionI bought this sound bar open box and remote was lost, can my LG C1 tv remote work on this sound bar?
- Answer Please reach out to our technical support team via private message on Facebook @LGUSSupport and use #VOC in your first message to our social media support team or call at 800-243-0000. Also, be sure to provide your contact information, model/serial numbers and date of purchase. ^Daphane
QuestionI’ve been disappointed with this sound bar, because every hour or so it completely cuts out for a few seconds. I’ve researched how to get this issue fixed and haven’t had any luck unfortunately. Please tell me how to fix this problem?
- Answer Please reach out to our support team via private message on Facebook @LGUSSupport and use #VOC in your first message to our social media support team or call at 800-243-0000. Also, be sure to provide your contact information, model/serial numbers and date of purchase. ^Daphane
QuestionThe screws to secure the sound bar to the wall mount run long, is there spacers that are needed for them?
- Answer LG does not supply screws for mounting only the bracket. We recommend the Hilti (HUD-1 6 x 30) for the mounting. ^Daphane
QuestionHas anyone experienced the sub going in and out? While playing a movie the sound is as if the sub is turning on and off!
- Answer I have experienced the same along with Subwoofer popping. It sounds horrible when it does it but when it doesnt it sounds ok. But its super annoying. I thought it would be a perfect match for my LG CX TV and it looking like its not.
Questioni use the optical output for the accessary to my hearing aids. i assume the sound bar utilizes the optical too. is there such a thing as an optical splitter or some other way that i can utilize my hearing aids and sound bar simultaneously? thanks Barry
- Answer Please reach out to our Support team on Twitter via @LGUSSupport or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA. ^Daphane
- Answer Yes of course and a lot more. I recommend not setting up the Google Chromecast but that's just me because my TV has it built in and I have a Google nest right below so that would be three things that would answer me and when I say ok Google. The other reason is the people that complained about this sound system which let me tell you is phenomenal but you must take the TV out of PCM mode but their main complaints were of speaker crackling or popping well when I had the Google Chromecast connected I did get some of that feedback through the soundbar speakers. I left it on and it seemed to go away but I just didn't want to have it on so I went through the manual because when I would say okay Google the sound bar would say you have not set this up yet well all you have to do is go to the sound bar not even the remote and just touch the mute mic button and you don't have to set up the Chromecast. You just have to figure the more things that are running off of your Wi-Fi and wirelessly there's going to be more interference on your speakers and I want the cleanest sound and with that meridian if you set it up correctly to your TV and it just takes looking at a few LG sites and I found it through the sellers of LG like home and sound audio stuff like that like high-end retailers and they would tell you make sure you take it out of PCM put it on pass through so you get the most out of your Dolby DTS Atmos everything Dolby. And I was amazed it literally doubled the sound output regularly watching TV I would have it between 10 and 11 on the volume, and now even at 9:00 it sounds amazing more clear and something I didn't know and found out without having to pay extra for rear speakers not surround sound speakers rear speakers there's options in the setup menu on your remote The best setup is your woofers at 6:00 center channel at 3:00 OVC which is the Dolby Atmos at 3:00 s which is surround sound which is the two side speakers on the soundbar at 3:00 treble at 3:00 and base at 5:00 . and this is only after you have made sure you've taken the TV out of PCM and put it through pass through mode. Previous to that it really was lacking in base now it sounds phenomenal in movies and music
- Answer Yes LG does sell those separately.
- Answer Yes - it's a stand-alone SOUnd Bar that is not specific to LG TVs. It comes with a nice remote control, and both S/PDIF (Optical) and HDMI [ARC] inputs. You can also program your Samsung TV's remote to control the Sound Bar.
- Answer You don't. This is a premium Sound Bar from LG, usually (initially) sold to customers who already own or are just buying a nice LG OLED or NanoCell TV. It has already been favorably reviewed, it's not like another review (honest or otherwise) is going to move the needle on sales of this unit.
- Answer Yes, through S/PDIF optical cable, which is included with the Sound Bar
- Answer Please seek recommendations/opinions at https://lgcommunity.us.com. The LG Community Forum is a great resource for getting help from other LG customers. ^Daphane
QuestionI just bought this sound bar and cannot figure out to get the bass to be deeper. It is connected, bass boost and bass level at 5 and is on but I can hardly hear the bass. No rumbling of my seat! Bummed. That is the reason why I bought this sound bar.
- Answer Please reach out to our support team via private message on Facebook @LGUSSupport and use #VOC in your first message to our social media support team or call at 800-243-0000 to verify. Also, be sure to provide your contact information, model/serial numbers and date of purchase. ^Daphane