Questions & Answers
- QuestionThis purchase would be our first front loader. And I've heard alot about the door of the front loaders getting moldy and clothes sometimes getting a mildew smell from the door being wet after the cycle. Is this still a problem? (4 Answers)Answers
All front loading washer doors must be left open after the cycle so that they can dry out. I haven't had a mildew smell issue, but I can see how it could become a problem. I do try to wipe the extra moisture from around the rubber door gasket. There is a lot of water left in the soap dispenser drawer after the cycle is finished also. I'm not sure why...but have read that it is a problem.
- Questionwhat are the dimensions for this washer, ht., depth and width? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this machine come with the drain and fill hoses? (5 Answers)Answers
The washer does not come with hoses. I recommend stainless steel ones. Also, if you are going to buy the matching dryer with the steam option, you will need to buy another hose. The dryer comes with a 2' hose that connects to your cold water source and a "Y" splitter (one side connects to your waster and the other to your dryer). The hose that connects to the "Y" splitter and dryer is not provided. Check installation instructions at: http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MED5500FW/Installation%20Instruction_EN.pdf
- QuestionWill this machine get a king size comforter clean? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this maytag have an option to add laundry once the machine is started? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat side are the door hinges on, left or right? Is this an American made washer? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan the doors on the washer and dryer be swapped from left to right? (4 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes the maytag 4.5 ft. washer fit kenmore, wirlpool , pedestals? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs there a lot of water that collects on the seal after the wash? I have the new LG and I am thinking of exchanging them for these Maytags because there is a pool of water that even after I wipe, returns within an hour. I know you have to wipe them down. (1 Answer)Answers
I bought my first compact front load washer when I was 30 years old. I'm on my 3rd one now, and I'm 80 years old. Mine have all gone over 10 years without a service call putting out 3 to 4 loads per week. All have given me 15 to 17 years of service with only one service call after 10 years. I'm now considering my fourth Maytag washer and dryer pair.
- QuestionMy machine isn't rinsing out all the soap in clothing. I use very little detergent. Any suggestions? (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions