Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,199.99
The previous price was $1,599.99
QuestionCan this laptop be used for 3D applications like : Maya, blender, substance painter, Photoshop and the gaming engines (ie, unity and unreal engine 4)
- Answer Absolutely. Even though you may over clock at some points for gaming, I play FFXIV for hours with no issues. I would suggest closing applications just to be safe, but it upholds to the highest graphics with ease. It also has no issue with photoshop or blender - or no issues that I have found.
QuestionIs this laptop good for 3D software such as solid works and other applications (MATLAB or Labview) ?
- Answer yea thats why I got this laptop. The touchscreen is so fun!
- Answer Thank you for the question. Surface Laptop 3 is an ultra-slim everyday laptop which does not offer tablet or studio mode.
- Answer No integrated DVD drive but includes two USB ports: one type A and one type C.
QuestionThe answer to this question is not in history “Did MicroSoft revise the production of the metal version to eliminate the "hairline fracture" issue? Or, would I still need to worry about about the screen cracking on the metal version? Thanks!”
- Answer I've owned the laptop for two months. I've been lugging it around with me the entire time. No noticeable cracks on the screen. But thank you for bring this to my attention. I did extensive research on this laptop and never came across a comment about the cracked screen.
- Answer Resolution is 2256x1504 at 201ppi. This is better than 1080p but not quite 4k either.
QuestionCan this laptop be carried on a plane? Is there any possibility of not being able to carry it because of the battery? Can this laptop be used internationally?
- Answer Yes, you can fly with this laptop so long as it’s in your carry-on and not your checked baggage. You’re not allowed to travel with any spare, uninstalled lithium batteries. Here is the link for TSA’s website: https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2013/06/11/travel-tips-tuesday-safely-packing-batteries-your-trip
QuestionCan I get the 2-year accidental damage coverage from Microsoft if I purchase a Surface Laptop 3 at Best Buy?
- Answer For more information on coverage options for Surface Laptop 3, we urge you to check our warranties and extended service plans on our website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/warranties-extended-service-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device-eedf7a23-84a7-1a47-480b-0e10503eedf5
- Answer Yes I would recommend. It has great power and the ram is sufficient.
QuestionI am using usb c to HDMI converter to connect my surface laptop 3 to external monitor. I am not able to use this as extended display setting when I connect to remote desktop, can you please advise.
- Answer For assistance, we recommend contacting Microsoft Support here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/troubleshoot-connecting-surface-to-a-second-screen-bc8f5121-a4cb-cf0b-5770-2df7a66a3b28