Questions & Answers
- Answer The TG-5 has a built-in (integrated) GPS receiver, and when turned on it will log your location in a data file attached to each photo taken. Using the Olympus Image Track smartphone app you can then see where you were when you took a particular photo. The TG-5 can also record the time, altitude (or depth underwater), the temperature (including water temperature), and barometric pressure. If you turn the "Log" switch on when the camera is off, and then press the "Menu" button, the viewscreen will become a digital compass and show a compass card and all the above information. See:
QuestionDoes the TG-5 have burst mode when taking underwater pictures? It looks like that option is not available for underwater.
- Answer Burst mode is not available while in Underwater mode. Underwater mode is it's own separate mode.
- Answer I am using 128 GB without a problem
- Answer No, this model does not have a microphone connection.
- Answer The Olympus TG-5 features a 4X zoom lens range, starting at 25mm equivalent at the wide end, all the way to 100mm.
QuestionDoes this camera have a long time-lapse mode? For example, 1 frame per second for 45 minutes?
- Answer Yes, you can set the rate of frames.
QuestionSo i know the samsung phones are "waterproof" but afted haveing them innthe water they dont charge until dry, is the camera the same way? Am i going to have any issues with recording or taking pictures after its been under water taking pictures and recrd?
- Answer No this camera is everything it says it is. We took it to bahamas. Pools. U name it. Love it. Charging has not been a problem at all so far
- Answer Yes. The TG-5 camera is waterproof up to depths of 50 feet by itself. For deeper depths the camera needs to be inside the PT-058 Underwater Housing which allows the use down to about 150 feet. All of the camera features such as video work under water.
QuestionIs the TG-5 rated for Class I Division 2 or does it meet similar military standards for use in potentially hazardous atmospheres?
- Answer No, this camera does not meet this type of military or industrial use standards.