Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes this dishwasher have a heated dry cycle?This comes up when I narrow search options to heated dry models only, but it doesn't say anything about heated dry in the specs.
- Answer As others have indicated, this unit does not have a heated dry. Strictly speaking, a heated dry requires an exposed heating element at the bottom of the dishwasher. You'll often see a ring near the spinners. Many Whirlpools and Frigidaires do have this option but it is not energy efficient. Many companies like Samsung and Bosch have taken to a condensation dry where the heat from the cycle is retained by the stainless steel interior, coupled with a venting system to remove excess moisture. This process can take longer to complete and you may find some moisture in "pools" such as upside down cups. This process is an even heating and also allows you to place plastic on the bottom where a conventional heating element might melt plastic. This allows for more flexible loading. Condensations dry does also require more time as it is essentially moving less energy per minute versus a heated dry. Depending on how quickly you would like your dishes done, a heated dry might not be the best option if you need them completely dry, very quickly. However, it will save you money and if you run your dishes over night should not present a problem.
QuestionHow long does a normal cycle take?I read one review which the person said that it takes several hours. That is hard to believe but I just want to make sure before moving forward with this dishwasher.
- Answer The estimated cycle times for the DW80J3020US range from about 107 to 158 minutes depending on which cycle and options are selected. Keep in mind that low water pressure and temperature can prolong cycle times, as well. Thanks for your interest, Ms. Samsung
QuestionMACHINE INSTALLATION PARTS, COST & HOW?WHAT PARTS REQUIRED TO INSTALL MY SAMSUNG DW80J3020US DISHWASHER OTHER THAN MACHINE ITSELF? AND HOW?
- Answer Buy the water line and power cord kit, I think it's about $30.00, it comes with a braided flexable water line and several fittings for different applications and teflon tape (they thought of it all) plus a good quality power cord and directions to hook it all up, very easy to understand. One of the very best things I like about the dishwasher is when you go to level it from front to rear there is an all screw in the front you turn that adjust the rear legs (its about time someone figured it out)..
Questionmy dishwasher will not fill with waterwill come on sounds like it will but doesn't .who do I call? .
- Answer Had the same problem. It also would turn on in the middle of the night randomly. I took mine back to Best Buy within 30 days of purchasing it.
QuestionI would like to verify exact height of this dishwasher.As compare to other dishwashers, there are a shorter than 34" but this unit is indicated almost 36". I have to make sure before arrange to deliver, otherwise have to cancel this purchase.
- Answer Hi Steve, The height of the DW80J3020US Dishwasher can be adjusted from 33-7/8" to 35-7/8". The minimum height of the cutout is 34". Thanks for choosing Samsung! Ms. Samsung
Questiondish washing machinei keep on water heater on low ( warm ) can it wash the dishes does it have preheating setting?
- Answer It does not. To combat this, run your sink on hot for about 30 seconds to get the warm water to the washer. Then start the cycle. Hope that helps.
QuestionIs it normal for the tub of this dishwasher to have water condensation a week later?I use this dishwasher about once a week. I notice that there is still water condensation in the tub a few days after a wash cycle. Is it normal to have the water condensation there? Could it cause mold to grow inside?
- Answer Thanks for the question. It isn't unusual for their to be condensation on the surface of the Dishwasher tub, particularly if the door has been closed or if the air in the kitchen is very humid, since these conditions would not be conducive to natural evaporation. To help prevent odor-causing bacteria and mold, it's recommended to select Sanitize to maximize the effectiveness of Condensation Drying; wiping the interior dry and running an empty Sanitize cycle periodically. For more information, please refer to page 19 of the User Manual. - Ms. Samsung
QuestionIs this hardwired or does it plug into an outlet?Contractor needs to know: Is this hardwired or does it plug into an outlet?
- Answer This unit runs on 120V and can be hardwired or wired to plug into an outlet.
QuestionI'm interested in purchasing this item as part of a suite of other Samsung appliances and want to verify the stainless steel finish is consistent. Is the finish on this dishwasher the same stainless steel finish as the refrigerator RF260BEAESR?
- Answer Yes, except for the plastic strip, running across the front at the top where the buttons are. If you want to really match, go next model up. But ask yourself, "is it really worth the price difference?" But the part that is stainless steel is the real deal--just like the fridge.
QuestionWhy do i have to purchase my kit from BB? Actually, why is this stuff not included with the machine? Anything else in this world comes with its power cords, is this a BB greed thing?
- Answer actually having put in a ton of dishwashers, there is no way to know how the unit hooks up in your situation... I have had units that plug in and units that wire direct... its the same with the plumbing... how is best buy supposed to know.... these units are packed at the factory.... go to lowes and home depot they don't have that included there either...
- Answer Thanks for your interest in the DW80J3020US. Dry and Rinse are stages of each cycle, they aren't selectable cycles themselves. Cycles that can be programmed are Auto, Normal, Heavy and Quick+, and Sanitize is an option that can be added to all but the Quick+ cycle. - Ms. Samsung
- Answer Yes, this product has an overflow.