Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $849.99
- Answer No, at least not in the traditional way. You wouldn't be able to run a desktop version of steam, as this doesn't run an actual desktop OS. You could however download the steam link app and stream compatible tablet games from your PC to your tablet. This solution would require a high-speed internet connection though.
QuestionWill the Geek Squad transfer my data and pics from my IPad Air to this Galaxy Samsung? Does this Galaxy have a USB Port?
- Answer This device does not have a USB port. As for transferring everything, you can probably do that yourself with what I think is called a smart switch app from the play store.
QuestionWhat are the listening options if this model doesn't have earphone jack? Is there another way to listen privately?
- Answer You can listen privately through bluetooth, usb-c headphone or usb-c adapter to 3.5 mm jack.
- Answer I don't think a screen protector is necessary unless you're planning on taking it everywhere with you. I mainly use mine in my house and at in my classes and I almost always have the keyboard cover to protect the screen when I'm on the go. However, if you do plan on getting one, I'd suggest a glass screen protector.
- Answer Absolutely. This is probably the best device to watch HDR content on.
QuestionIs there any real notable difference between the 6gb of RAM versus 8gb? I would prefer 8gb but really don't need that storage space considering the price jump. Use will be just casual at home, nothing special.
- Answer RAM memory isn't storage. Think of it as the faucet in your bath tub. Do you want the faucet/spout to be as small as a drinking straw and thus take that much longer to fill the tub? Or would you want a larger spout which will fill your bathtub faster with hot water so you can enjoy your hot bath in more timely fashion? At least not in how you might think it means. RAM is temporary memory. The more RAM you have, the smoother and more reliable the processor will work when multitasking: watching a Youtube video while playing a video game at the same time. Your tablet will be sluggish if you're playing more complicated game than say Solitaire as the RAM is processing/holding the basic operating system as well as the necessary bits of software used by the game. Considering you cannot upgrade tablets, it's better to get the version with the higher amount of RAM to help you future proof your device and allow you to keep it longer when programs get larger and more complicated with time. "RAM is the main place for storing instructions and data whilst a program is being executed . It is also called main memory. Program data is copied into RAM before the CPU can run the program."
QuestionDoes this have cellular ? 5G
- Answer No. However, if you have a newer model phone you can use this like a phone as long as the phone is turned on. I have never made a call from my tablets but I have answered it. I also use my tablets for text messages all the time. I know Samsung phones work very well with Samsung tablets. I don't know about any other phone brand.
I would recommend: