Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs it compatible with the PS4? (9 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this drive include any of the SATA cables or necessary wiring? (10 Answers)
- QuestionIs this compatible with a Dell XPS 8700 (10 Answers)
I have a Dell XPS 8700 which I bought from Best Buy and I was wondering if this hard drive would work on my computer. I am looking to add more storage. I am running Windows 7 Professional Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz RAM is 8 GB 64-bit Operating System Thanks
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
It should, depending what else you have installed. The 8700 has a an easy to install spot for two 3.5 inch drives so if this is your second hard disk other than the SSD (if you have one) you are fine. The 8700 also has a larger harder to reach spot where you can mount a 3.5" drive like this. That is what I had to do on my machine and the hardest part is getting the drive past all the cables and into the mounting rail.
- QuestionCan this be installed on the Alienware - Aurora Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 1TB Hard Drive - Epic silver Model: AUR5-5714SLV? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the RPM speed? Not many and I think Seagate especially does not have a 7200 RPM 4TB drive. Thanks. (4 Answers)
- QuestionIs this hard drive compatible with Dell Optiflex 7010 DESKTOP? Thanks in advance. (3 Answers)Answers
This is a Desktop (3.5") size SATA HDD (SSHD or SSD). Any recently purchased make/model Desktop computer should work fine. If you have a Laptop, then you usually require a Laptop (2.5") size SATA HDD (SSHD or SSD). However, some ultralights and Chromebooks use a different kind of storage device (eMMC Flash Memory). A lot of devices with eMMC Flash Memory are NOT upgradeable, depending upon how it is attached (soldered or socket). Apparently some of these devices have hardware and/or firmware that limits the storage size supported.
- QuestionWill this work for movie rendering. Will this work in an Alienware Area 51 x58 R2 desktop? I am wondering if this is the best for movie rendering. (3 Answers)Answers
This drive is really is not made to run very quickly. What I mean is compared to years ago, it is a fast hard drive, but I bought mine to save data only (I backup my DVD and Blu-ray movies to use with a multimedia server at home on this this.) So if you want to use this drive to save the data, it will work fine – but if it is a working drive, for the program to read and write a lot of temporary files to it, it may not be the best. A suggestion that I do for myself is I use a solid-state drive for drive C and my computer (Intel i7 with 32 gigabytes of memory, Quadro workstation card running Windows 10) runs very quickly.
- QuestionIs this compatible with a Dell XP optiplex 745 (4 Answers)
- QuestionWould this be capatible with a Hitachi deskstar HDT725040VLA360 hard drive (3 Answers)Answers
That depends what you mean by compatible. You can certainly install this drive in the same system with the Deskstar if you have a free hard drive mounting rail. Then you can use the Seagate drive wizard software to format it and set it up as a drive on your system. I'm not sure you can make the two part of a RAID array or stripe data across the two of them since they are different sizes.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions