Questions & Answers
QuestionAre there limitations on what the usb port can be used for on the m9 plus? Can a usb external drive or usb thumb drive be used to store and access photos and other files over the wi-fi network?
- Answer The USB port appears to be restricted to "future use". It is able to charge / power devices, but NOT exchange data with them.
QuestionDo you have to daisy chain hardwire Ethernet between the 3 units to take advantage of the 5GHz Backhaul? Can I connect 2 devices to the ports of 1 of the units and get wireless backhaul to modem that is better than wireless only?
- Answer No, the Deco M9 Plus has a separate, dedicated 5GHz band, to ensure optimal performance for the WiFi backhaul. That being said, you can use the Dynamic Backhaul feature by combining both WiFi and/or Ethernet backhaul options per your preference within your network. Yes, once you have installed the Deco M9 Plus successfully, you can connect LAN/Ethernet devices to the available Ethernet port(s) on each Deco M9 unit and they will have network access.
- Answer I just performed a firmware update remotely. So the answer to your question is yes.
- Answer Yes. Tap a Deco unit that you want to reboot on the Dashboard in the Deco app, and then tap the button in the top right corner. Click Reboot to reboot the Deco unit.
QuestionCan this be used with an existing Smartthings hub? I have a Z-Wave pool pump timer that cannot use Zigbee.
- Answer For Deco M9 smart device compatibility, please reference our official website here: https://www.tp-link.com/en/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/