Questions & Answers
- Answer We had the same problem at first glance so do not feel bad - it is the sideways triangle that is pointing to the right located on the right side of the touch pad. It may say something like +30 under it. once you press this button the microwave starts and if you press again it adds 30 seconds. The dishwasher also uses this symbol for start. If this is made in America I am surprised it just does not just say start, but I guess that is too logical. This reminded us of the "start" button of a 1980's cassette player!
- Answer on the right hand side of the door you just pull it open from the side
- Answer My door doesn't lock. Just pull open from side with fingertip slot on side of door. It automatically stops running when pull it open. I believe there is an icon tab that will lock but I've never used it.
QuestionAre the convection baking and microwave cooking features separate? Can I cook with JUST convection bake and JUST microwave?
- Answer Baker75, you can ONLY use this as a microwave OR as an oven at any one moment. It does not use both types of heating simultaneously during a single cooking “start”, nor does ANY 120volt over-the-range microwave model. To really do fan and both microwave and convection at once, and well, any oven would need more power. At 120v (standard microwave outlet plug) the fan, mwave, and convection would need to cycle on and off anyway (which is what the Kitchrnaid does when it claims to “speed cook”. Not that speedy since it’s really cutting microwave on and off with low power.) We have preheated, then microwaved a half chicken for 3 minutes at 70% power, then finished by convection with this. Very pleased. Would buy again.
- Answer Ziggy, model WMH78019HZ has a 1.9 capacity while WMH75021HZ has a 2.0 capacity. Model WMH78019HZ has a scan to cook technology, has a voice control option with Google home and Alexa and is a smart appliance that can connect to Wi-Fi while model WMH75021HZ does not. We hope this helps!
- Answer It shines bright enough to see across a lit room and at night is visible from a few rooms away. It shows as white numbers. You do need to be in direct line of site to see it. From angles, you cannot tell time, there is just a little glow.
- Answer I bought & installed this last month. You won't need any extra parts to recirculate, if that's what you're asking. The fan vents the air out at the rear top of the microwave. The vent can be angled toward the front (recirculating) or out the top (to a hood). As mine was shipped, it was set up for recirculating, which I imagine they all are. I have a hood, so I had to turn the vent upward, but you shouldn't have to do anything to it to recirculate.
QuestionHow do you bake a Pizza in here ? This Microwave/Convection Oven is so different than the one we had before (Sharp And is there a sound going off when the Heat is reached on Convection Oven ? How do I know when it reached 375 F ? Thank you
- Answer 1. Center the convection rack in the oven. 2. Press ‘Convect’ 3 times (Manual Conv Bake). Make sure it is Bake and not Auto or Roast, see page 8 of the manual. You can use metal with this 'BAKE' setting. See pages 18 and 22 at the bottom-right of each page of the manual. 3. Set temperature to 425. 4. Press start. 5. Preheat will take about 15 minutes. 6. Place 12" pizza and 12" non-stick metal pizza pan (Williams Sonoma or similar) on the rack (centered). I used Costco cheese pizza. 7. Press ‘Timer’ 8. Press 1630 16 ½ minutes 9. Press start
QuestionThe numbers to set time, start and end buttons do not light up at night when door is opened. Only the options on left light up. I have to use a flashlight to enter time and start. Is this correct or is mine flawed. If this is correct very dumb design.
- Answer No, they don’t light up. Dumb design
- Answer This comes with a plastic steamer basket accessory that you can use with the oven.
QuestionWe have a new over the range microwave and I can't find a cancel or clear button! How do you cancel?
- Answer Hi there. If it’s the Whirlpool model, there should be an “X” button on the right side underneath the start button. Hope this helps.
QuestionI've read in some reviews that the exhaust fan comes on automatically when cooking on the stove top below. They say it is loud and cannot be disabled. Is that true or did someone just not read the manual?
- Answer Hello Skwow! The fan will come on if the controls get too hot. This is a safety feature to keep the controls from over heating. It will shut off automatically when they are cool enough. Thank you for your inquiry on our Whirlpool appliances.
QuestionHow do you manage using convection functions and microwave functions for the same meal? How long to cool down from convection enough so you could micro something else for your meal?
- Answer JenJen, here is a link to the use and care guide for this unit. http://bit.ly/2AxzmVD. Be sure to Use oven mitts or pot holders when removing containers from microwave oven. Each cooking cycle will be independently completed, but please be sure to remove the rectangular rack when using single plate microwave functions and Include the round convection rack for convection cooking. If you have additional questions or concerns please reach out to us: US: 1-866-698-2538 Canada: 1-800-807-6777 Hour of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST Saturday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST
- Answer Hello! Per the Quick Reference Guide that is provided with the unit the temperature range is 250°F (121°C) to 450°F (232°C).
QuestionWhat does the cut out height of 17.25" represent Is the microwave actually 17.25" tall or does this represent venting also
- Answer This microwave/oven unit is 17.25" from where it meets the upper cabinet to the bottom of the vent screens that suck the steam from your stove. (the lowest point). So yes, it is 17.25" tall. Everyone who sees it remarks that it is the biggest microwave they've ever seen. As far as range ventilation goes, I have two complaints: 1. The vent fan is VERY loud and the change in speed (and noise level) is almost imperceptible when you drop the speed to the slowest setting. The fan is always very loud. 2. The two stove vent intakes are positioned too far back in the unit. This makes the already poor venting of the front burners (common to most OTR microwave/range vent units) of the stove even worse. The intakes should be positioned farther forward. Cooking/boiling on your front burners, even with the vent fan on High will fill your kitchen with smoke and steam. Otherwise, so far, I'm happy with the unit. I have not actually tried the convection oven yet.