Questions & Answers
- Answer Depending on flying conditions and pilot commands, I'm getting close to 20 minutes flight time before getting a low battery notification.
- Answer Yes and yes. You can easily fly the Drone over a mile away from your take off point, flip the control switch to "home" and the Drone will automatically return, avoid obstacles, lower the landing gear and land within a few feet of the original "take off" location. The Typhoon Yunnec H has simple flight controls that could easily be flown by a child. Additionally, the technology is so advanced that an experienced pilot could program the Drone to perform multiple ariel maneuvers and capture hundreds of amazing ariel pictures and videos with very little effort. I have personally flown the drone at over 6000 feet and it can travel at top speeds between 45-50 mph depending on weather (wind speeds). The live video feed starts to lose signal around 5,000 feet away from the controller, I purchased 2 after market Alpha antennas that extend the range by 2-3000 feet. *Important*. You must register a flight plan with your local airport when flying at altitudes over 400 feet. Fly safe!
QuestionDoes this unit allow controller app to be downloaded to iPhone or other smartphone devices where it can be controlled from your smartphone?
- Answer Not that I know. I've owned my Typhoon H for about 4 months now and I've never seeing anything in the Yuneec website about it. This drone is a higher tech UAV that comes with its own control and high definition screen. Trying to use your I-Phone to fly it would be a step backwards from its capabilities. Check out this link for detail information and videos http://us.yuneec.com/typhoon-h-overview .
QuestionHi, I'd like to know about camera. It is possible to view directly to down. The camera move to down, or only 360° on y axes. Thank's
- Answer you can view directly down and also 360 degrees
- Answer It does not come with one, but one can be added.
- Answer Follow me, circles a point of interest, return to home. This is 3rd drone I have owned. Buy it, it is a fantastic bird.
QuestionSo does this Typhoon H come with any micro-SD card, or do you have to purchase one? What's the largest capacity it will hold?
- Answer Yes it comes with an SD card, but I forget what the exact largest one you can use
- Answer Yes but will not go around it only stops and it depends on the object the sensor is not like in the Dji Phanthom which is also located below the aircraft.
- Answer Your Best Buy should, if its an Amazon price, not a 3rd party. Also must be exact same sku.
QuestionI recently purchased a Typhoon H have no camera vision on controller. When I turn on controller it says "reconnecting to camera". What's my problem?
- Answer Is the camera fully engaged to the mount? I would go to YuneecPilots.com & ask on the forum. They've always been helpful for me there.
- Answer Yes, it's call the Typhoon ActionCam. I believe it's about $150. They can be hard to find as this drone was first released a few years ago.
QuestionTrying to Reset Password for yuneec typhoon H drone to bind it. I forgot the password originally used. How do I reset?
- Answer Try using the factory default: 1234567890
- Answer Yes, the Typhoon H comes with a proprietary controller called the ST-16 that has a built-in screen to see the drones video image on.