Premium. Effective. Elevated. The Theragun Elite is our quietest smart massage. Elegantly designed, lightweight, and fully personalized for your body’s needs. Thanks to its unparalleled power, the Theragun Elite is your ultimate wellness partner and massage device. Now more personalized than ever with our guided app experience to reduce your deep muscle tension, whether it comes from everyday life, work, or workouts.
Unrivaled Power. Remarkably Quiet™.
Proprietary brushless motor with QuietForce Technology™ delivers renowned Theragun power, while being quieter than ever.
Bluetooth Enabled Smart Percussive Therapy™
The Therabody app connects seamlessly via Bluetooth to deliver customized wellness routines pulled from your activity data. Our app will guide you through each wellness routine, showing you all the unexpected ways our device can help enhance your life.
16mm amplitude that reaches 60% deeper into the muscle than consumer-grade vibration massagers to stimulate circulation, generate heat, and release your deepest tension.
Proprietary brushless commercial-grade motor with QuietForce Technology (R)
Provides up to 120 minutes of use per charge.
Smart Percussive Therapy ™ with Bluetooth connectivity
Makes it comfortable to hold the device when reaching distant body areas.
3 built-in app-guided preset routines
Customizable speed range (1750-2400 PPMs)
Delivers up to 40lbs of no-stall force
Wireless charging enabled
Internal lithium-ion battery (120 minutes)
Theragun Triangle ergonomic handle design
5 easy-to-clean closed-cell-foam attachments in pouch
Cone - Used mostly for pinpoint muscle treatment, including the hands and feet.
Dampener - Used mostly for tender or bony areas. Perfect for overall use.
Standard Ball - Perfect for overall use on large and small muscle groups.
Theragun Elite Handheld Percussive Massage Device
Thumb - Used mostly for trigger points and the lower back.
Wedge - Commonly used for “scraping” and “flushing,” which help to decrease the amount of lactic acid in muscles.
Elite Handheld Percussive Massage Gun with Travel Case
I’m not one to use handheld massagers for a long time because they really didn’t help with my lower back or leg soreness. I’ve heard good things about Theragun and decided to try it out. When out of the box, you are greeted with this sturdy carrying case that holds the ELITE, the attachments and power cord. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this massager really gets my aches. Even my wife was impressed with how it really got her deep shoulder pains from a martial arts injury in her past. After about a week of using the Theragun Elite, here are my thoughts.
- Design. It looks like a hand-held whisk, with a triangle grip. The grips (you can hold it in various angles) are ergonomically pleasing to my hands when trying to get my lower back. The grips (the whole device) has a nice rugged feeling and the percussions really dig deep into your body. The OLED screen at the top gives you easy controls of 5 set speeds: 1750, 1900, 2100, 2200, and 2400 PPM (Percussions Per Minute).
- Various Attachments: The Elite comes with 5 different attachments. The Standard Ball (comes already attached. Used for overall on large and small muscle groups), the Dampener (for tender bony areas), Wedge (shoulder blades and IT bands and used for scraping and flushing motions that helps decrease lactic acid in muscles), Thumb (for trigger points on the lower back) and the Cone (pinpoint treatment, especially in the feet area). They are easy to detach and attach.
- Battery Life: Theragun states that it can last 120 minutes on a full charge. We’ve used it every evening for about 15 minutes for the past 6 days and we still have about 27% battery life before we need to recharge. That’s pretty good.
- Handheld: This is what I really love about the Elite. My old massagers that I’ve owned in the past were always limited by the power cord. Yes, you have “unlimited” power but I love the freedom of being anywhere in my home or office and have access to it. Again, you are limited to the amount of charge on it, but who needs to use it for a straight 2 hours?
- Bluetooth/App experience: this is a neat feature because you can have different PPM other than the preset 5 on the device itself. When connected via Bluetooth, you can change the PPM on your phone, and don’t need to look at the OLED screen on the ELITE. This is a great feature, especially when I was using it on my back and didn’t want to remove the ELITE so I can see the screen. I can simply use my iPhone. There are several different routines (Sleep, Upper Back, Lower Back, etc) that are usually 6 minutes long. You can also add routines that focus on Body, Ailments, Activities, etc). This is a must use if you own the ELITE.
- Sound level: it’s not “that loud” but it is a little noisy. Especially if you are massaging the neck area the percussions are loud enough.
- The App: I use Apple products and downloading the app was simple enough. I ran into a lot of trouble setting up because it continued stating that “this email is already in use”. I was confused as this was my first ever Theragun product. I backed out of the app and closed it and opened it again and it worked. For the first couple days it would do this until the app was updated. There is a complete new interface and videos, no crashing whatsoever and was able to register my product. I placed this in the Neutral because of my overall initial experience.
- The PPM sometimes hurt in sensitive areas. It can get rough and you cannot lower it under 1750 PPM.
- Overheating: It did get warm when I plugged it in the first time to charge it. Noticeably warm. Just be careful.
Overall, this Theragun ELITE is a great massager. I can’t wait to purchase the charging dock. Great app experience once you get over the initial problems, but I think they fixed that now. The ELITE really helps our aches and pains of daily life.
Theragun Elite has worked great on my muscles it has taken my knots out. I have used this for a week i golf around 2-4 rounds of golf a week and walk. This has been great on my legs and lower back. I gave it to my brother for a night he used it on his sore shoulder and has felt some relief the next day and has already said he was going to get 1. This come with 5 different attachments to use. Bluetooth connects to your phone.
The phone app is great lets you pick what type of sport you do or what you need worked on. It will tell you what muscle to do and is timed and will let you know if you are putting enough pressure on that are.
The display is clean nice and you can read it with no problem. Tells you battery life what speed you are running at. At the power button you can change the speed.
The motor is not loud at i use it when we are watching T.V and it doesn't bother anyone in the room.
I really think we will get a lot of use out of this as we are active and this is not a loud machine to use anywhere.
So the Display is clean and nice easy to ready and the motor is not loud at all. Light weight great handle so you can use it yourself.
Costly investment but definitely worth it, I recommend getting the protection plan for the theragun because you will be using it a lot. Battery life is great and charges fast. Definitely great device to speed up the recovery process.
The Theragun Elite makes effective massages quick and easy. If you know what you're doing, you can pick it up and start using it. It's simple to use with basically a start and stop button and speed controls. It comes with a travel case that holds everything, including the charger and all 5 attachments. Make sure you check the "Shortcuts" listed on one of the included cards. They're are just a few and they were helpful to me. A key reason I like the Elite is that it was very effective at massaging stiff and sore muscles after moving!
There are a number of things I like about the design of the Theragun Elite. It feels solid and looks cool! The triangular design makes it easy to hold at different angles in order to massage hard to get places like below the shoulder blades and the middle of the back. The bright and clear OLED display makes it easy to see which program you're selecting, how much battery life there is, how much time there is in a routine, and if you're apply enough pressure. In spite of the powerful massage action it's also not very loud. It's easy to have a conversation while it's being used.
The Therabody App
The Therabody App is a great value add for the Elite! For one thing, the massager actually gets updates through the app. When I connected it there was an update waiting which I installed. I will say it took a number of tries for the update to complete correctly but it did. I just had to keep trying, which was easy but took some time. I recommend you close other open apps and don't touch for phone while it's updating. Besides that you can choose three different routines from the app, and there are many, to store in the massager. Once on the massager you can just press left or right to select the stored routine. This lets you do a routine without using your phone. The app lets you look up routines (Explore) by Activity, Body area, or Ailment. Then it tells you where to massage, how long, and with which attachment. Again, this is a feature that's a great value add for me as there are ways to massage that you may not guess for a specific pain or issue - for instance better sleep or jet lag!
The attachments vary in size, shape, and/or firmness. The default attachment, the dampener, is a softer but larger attachment. While it's soft it still gives a great massage and it great for areas around bones. The other four attachments are more firm and include a smaller round ball, a smaller ball or "thumb", a cone, and a wedge.
The battery life is excellent! They say 2 hours and that sounds about right. I've used it a lot so far and only charged it a few times. Most of the routines only take 1-6 minutes each. Of course you can just massage without a routine too. The battery indicator goes down in maybe 25% increments but goes up 1% at a time when you're charging it. It's easy to see where it's at on the clear OLED display.
A:AnswerThe specs say it "Delivers up to 40lbs of no-stall force" which has been more than enough for me, especially with the variable percussions per minute (ppm) settings of 1,750 to 2,400. It has never turned off from too much pressure being applied to the body.