Safely Unbox and Set Up Your TV
Tips to get your new TV home and set up safely.
Use the right vehicle to bring your TV home.
Safely unbox your TV.
Tips to unboxing your TV without damage.
After reviewing these tips, find your box type in the section below. They may include important additional steps.
- Always have two people unboxing and carrying your TV.
- Before unboxing, prepare a flat, clean and soft surface to assemble the TV.
- Don’t lay the box flat or allow it to balance on its own.
- Check the opened box for specific instructions.
- Remove accessories, the top cushion and any other accessible packaging.
- Lift the TV with one hand on top and one on the bottom of the frame.
Learn more about TV box types.
Some boxes include clips or bands, and other boxes tear down. Learn more about each and follow the manufacturer’s step-by-step instructions for safe unboxing.
Safely assemble your TV.
- Avoid pinching the screen when carrying.
- Set the TV on the flat surface you’ve prepared.
- Install the stand, using the assembly instructions.
- Avoid overtightening screws.
- If you’re mounting, use hardware that fits your TV’s size and weight.