I've used various lenses on various systems for the past 12 years and finally decided to get a little more serious with the micro four-thirds system and wanted something that could be an "all-in-one" type of solution.
Well - this lens is it!
1. It covers the useful ranges of capturing family events, children's sporting events, and casual photography all in one lens.
2. It can satisfy the itch you may have for a macro lens, but aren't fully committed to spending several hundred dollars on a dedicated macro lens.
3. The autofocus is quick and silent. No complaints there.
4. The built in IS is amazing. I tried it on an older camera body and the lens IS worked surprisingly well. However, if you use it on a body that supports Sync IS.... words can't describe how good this system is. This is what i was looking for 10 years ago! An F4 lens is perfect even in poorly lit situation thanks to the IS system.
5. The build quality is amazing.
6. The sliding focus focus collar with positive stops is very nice. I found I could change from manual focus to auto focus almost instantly and then back again while taking pics of a kids soccer game.
7. The image quality and color is phenomenal. Go look at some other reviews and websites. This lens is amazing at F4 from 12mm all the way to 100mm.
1. It's heavy. Okay, it's not that bad, but it's not light!
2. I would recommend an M1 Mk ii camera body. My EM5 Mk ii works well, but i think the extra size and grip would be more beneficial with a lens so substantial.
3. The cost - yeah, it's pretty expensive. But if you're looking for a nice lens or two, then just get this one. This plus a super telephoto zoom lens (or maybe that 300f4!) can take care of most of your needs unless you only work in low light situations such as a wedding photographer.