Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,259.99
The regular price is $1,399.99
- Answer In my opinion it is better than the previous MacBook Air, it is lighter and seems to be faster. I bought mine to replace a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina and so far I am very happy with it.
QuestionHello. I would like to buy this laptop. So I have 60 movies, 242 songs and 2 music videos on iTunes. Will this MacBook be able to hold all of these items?
- Answer Yes, I would suggest getting the 512GB or 1TB SSD. But, that route is very expensive so you might want to go 256GB and purchase a external drive to store you movies and songs on. It's up to you the path you want to take.
QuestionI will be going into college this fall and I am wondering if the new MacBook Air with 8gbt of RAM and 250 memory will be good enough for music production and college assignments, or would the MacBook Pro be a better option?
- Answer I use it for school and work. Depending on the necessities of music production it should be OK. I would go for the Pro for more gpu needed force (for like video editing and rendering). But the new late 2018 model should suffice, just be warned about the only two ports it has (two usb-c) and one headphone jack on the other side. I love it. It’s quick and the battery life is really good on this model. I’ve had the previous 2 air models for comparison.
QuestionWhat Word Processing software and what excel type of software comes loaded on the MacBook Air 13.3 ?
- Answer It comes stock with Apples Pages and Numbers, Respectfully. Both programs are fairly versatile.
QuestionStill looking for clarification please. Apple Store sells newest MacBook Air Retina Display and community answers here say Best Buy sells the same model. Why does the Apple description says its turbo charged? Posters here say the BB model is not.
- Answer You can’t turbo charge a computer. It is the same model Apple sells. They’re using the words “turbo charged” to indicate its fast. And it is. Look at the model numbers at both Apple and Best Buy. You’ll see they’re the same.
QuestionHave the keyboard issues been resolved on the 2018 model,or are there many customers still experiencing this.
- Answer The keyboard issue is only on the MacBooks and the MacBook Pros models. The MacBook Airs are good.
- Answer You could do that at the apple store , but best buy doesn't sell that version of the new MacBook Air
QuestionIs there a Keyboard issue with this model or not? Some reviews say yes and some say not for the Air and not to worry. Can anyone clear this up?
- Answer no issues with the keyboard with our Air. We love it!
QuestionYou say this has no Turbo Boost, which differentiates this item from that on Apple website. What is Turbo Boost? Do I need it? Will I miss it? This price did seem to good to be true...but, is it?
- Answer Turbo Boost is a feature that, when fewer than the total number of cores are being used, the processor can turn off the unused cores and increase the clock speed on the rest of the cores. This increases performance (the cores that are being used get faster) and can reduce power usage. For instance, if you have the 2011 MacBook Air with the 1.6 GHz Core i5 (as detailed in this AnandTech article), the "Turbo Ratio" is set to 0047. The number sets the amount of boost by digit (4 cores = 0, 3 cores = 0, 2 cores = 4, 1 core = 7; this is a dual-core CPU, so 3- and 4-core mode is irrelevant). The number specifies the boost in 100 MHz increments above the listed clock speed, so if two cores are running, they can be boosted to 1.6 GHz + 400 MHz = 2.0 GHz and if one core is running, it can be boosted to 1.6 GHz + 700 MHz = 2.3 GHz.
QuestionWhat is flash storage?
- Answer Flash storage is just like the thumb drive you buy that fit into the USB slot of your computer. There are no moving parts like the older hard drives. This helps with the lifespan of the flash drive. This also means that the computer can access the information saved on the flash drive quicker since there are no read heads and spinning disks to search through. Hope this helps.
- Answer I have the one with 8 GB of memory.
QuestionIf you buy from Best Buy, can you still take the computer into an Apple Store if there are technical issues, while under warranty and afterward, or do they send ya back to Best Buy?? Thanks All.
- Answer Yes, you could still take the MacBook Air into an apple store at any time. If it’s under warranty then Apple will cover manufacturing defects. If it’s out of warranty or if it’s accidental damage not covered under warranty, then you could still take it to the apple store but they will probably charge you for the repair. You could also buy AppleCare within, I think, two weeks of buying your MacBook Air which covers accidental damage for a reduced repair price.
QuestionWhich apple or Mac laptop is best choice (pro, air, etc...) to last longest for money investing. 1st time buyer other than 5 year old iPad mini. Other laptop is 10 yr old Acer Aspire with Windows Vista. Don't have any Mac laptop experience only windows.
- Answer First and foremost. Any laptop upgrade is going to feel like going from a Ford to a Ferrari after 10 years. It depends on what you do. The Air is great for basic computing. The Pro is better for task based computing (video editing, music editing, etc.). It's really going to depend on taste and budget. But, please get rid of the Vista machine. I'll pray that this is the last one in service...
- Answer No, this is the late 2018 model.
QuestionHello, i will buy it from argentina, but want to know if its new an last model ( because of the price) y saw yo have 128 gb with same price , why? Please help me because i eill buy it with GRABR thanks!
- Answer This MacBook is now last year's model (late-2018). That's why they've been able to do price reductions on it. I don't have experience with the brand new MacBook Air but this one is a blazing fast computer.
- Answer I'm not sure what you mean by "undesirable" but I've had no issues with my keyboard since I've bought it (even after my dog knocked it off a chair). As far as the feel of the keyboard, it's a little bit cramped and the keys don't have much travel so it's definitely not like any PC laptop keyboard you've ever used. I don't see that as "undesirable."
- Answer My recent purchase has this Intel i5 1.6 chip in it. See description from wikichip that follows: Core i5-8210Y is a 64-bit dual-core mid-range performance x86 mobile microprocessor introduced by Intel in late 2018. This chip, which is based on the Amber Lake microarchitecture, is fabricated on Intel's 14 nm process. The i5-8210Y operates at 1.6 GHz with a TDP of 7 W supporting a Turbo Boost frequency of 3.6 GHz.