Questions & Answers
QuestionThe arrows on the HDMI plugsWhich arrow do I plug into my cable/DVR box and which arrow do I plug into my TV?
- Answer Hello, you want the arrow pointing out (away) from the cable box and in (towards) the TV, for the best sound quality.
- Answer 4K refers to the picture only. Any of our HDMI cables will work fine on a soundbar, however all our HDMI cables are compatible with 4K anyway.
- Answer It does not matter what brand of HDMI cable you choose. SAVE YOUR MONEY ON HDMI CABLES. MORE EXPENSIVE CABLES DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The only way to improve your picture is to upgrade your TV. You can use an $29.00 antenna and get a beautiful picture on a mid range tv. $79. $149, $399 and $1200 HDMI cables to nothing but let you brag to your friends. Been There, Done That I have close to $4000 invested an a 4k UHD Entertainment setup and used 5 HDMI cables that were $7.99 each and it wouldn't make the picture any better if I used a $499.00 AudioQuest Vodka series HDMI cable. I guess there's folks out there that would of spent $2500 on 5 cables but it is senseless. Unless of course you won the lottery and have no family and friends. Hope I made my Point.
- Answer Hello, HDMI cables are the most common cable you will use for connecting digital components to one another. For example, your cable or satellite box, DVD or Blu-Ray player, game console or computer to your HDTV. Each device would need one HDMI cable to connect from it to your HDTV. A single HDMI cable will carry both digital audio and video signals to your HDTV.
QuestionI recently purchased a 4K UHD Sony Blu-Ray player and looking for an audio quest cable. While I know that all cables are 4K enabled, I wanted to know if the speed matters (e.g. 18 Mbps, etc.). What do I need if I intend to play a 4K BD?
- Answer All lengths of all models are 4K/60 compatible, so nay cable in our line will work. The reason to buy a better cable is simply better performance. All cables introduce some distortion into the system - a better cable introduces less distortion and so the picture & sound quality are noticeably better.
QuestionWHAT ARE THE SPECS OF THIS CABLE. I HAVE A 4K BLU RAY PLAYER AND A 4K tx. iS THIS A 2.0 CAPABLE AND WHAT SPEED DOES IT CARRY
- Answer Hello, this cable is certified by HDMI LLC. as a High Speed cable and can transmit 16Gbps and up to 4K/60p and 4K/3D when used with HDMI 2.0 electronics.
QuestionI purchased this cable years ago for a TV that just bit the dust. My new TV has HDR. Will this cable work on a TV with HDR, or would a better choice be to buy a new 4K Ultra HD HDMI cable with HDR compatibility?
- Answer The cable you're asking about is the Audioquest Forrest, and is intermediate in Audioquests range of HDMI cables. it will easily do the job with your new HDR Television, buy you can spend more for a new one if that makes you happy. The next step up in the Audioquest line is Cinnamon, which increases the precentage of silver plating of the main conductors and thoretically their high frequency conductance. I use one of each of these in my Sony Ultra HD Blu Ray Universal player hookup, a Forrest for the video, and a Cinnamon for the Audio, and I'm quite pleased with the result.
QuestionI just bought the new Sony X950hTV. Do I need to buy the forest HDMI cable? Or can I just buy a less expensive HDMI cable? Will the HDMI cable have any impact on the picture quality? Many thanks
- Answer It will not impact your sound quality, even with high end sound equipment. Buy a regular hdmi cable and it will perform great!
QuestionAre these cords good enough for in wall or should I go with the Cinnamon versions? Im nervous about experiencing any electrical fires or anything remotely close to it. I know the Cinnamons have the fiber protection for electrical fire damage. HELP PLEASE
- Answer The Forest cables are rated for in-wall use and should do the job for you for a lot less money than the Cinnamons.
- Answer Right now, yes it will.
QuestionWhat is the difference between the Audio quest forest green stripe and the white stripe in performance?
- Answer Hello, Forest is currently only available with a green stripe on black PVC. You might be referring to Pearl, which has a white stripe on black PVC. The Forest HDMI has 0.5% silver-plating on top of the solid copper conductors in the cable, which has a benefit for the audio performance of the cable.
- Answer Yes, I have mine connected to ARC...excellent results and outstanding audio/video qhen playing content through Apps on SMART TV. I have not yet upgraded to either a 4k or 8k TV, and the results were noticeable as I had standard HDMI cables that I was using before purchasing the AudioQuest Forest Green cables.
QuestionI recently purchased a Samsung blue ray disc player (BD-J5700) but it did not come with the HDMI cable. Which one do I need for this DVD player to hook up to my Samsung Smart TV?
- Answer When it comes to choosing cables, there's no one "right" cable - it's a case of going with the best cable you can. This is because cables cannot improve the signal they carry, they can only make improvements by introducing less distortion into the system and doing less harm to the signal. The less distortion, the better. The best cable therefore is the one that introduces the least distortion and affects the signal as little as possible. And this is true for all cables. And the further up the line you go, the better it gets. This is true just as much for digital cables as it is for analog cables. Having said all that, take a look at Cinnamon, which is a very good “bang for the buck” cable. Of course, if your budget allows, a better cable will give you even better results. I hope this helps.
QuestionWhat is the speed of this cable? Audioquest website guarantees 18 Gbps while Best Buy's site says 10.2 Gbps.
- Answer All current model audioquest HDMI cables are supposed to support 18Gbps speed for 4K HDR/Dolby Vision....from audioquest website: all AudioQuest HDMI cables up to 8 meters are guaranteed to exceed the requirements for all possible HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 data streams, including 4K UltraHD, HDR, and Blu-ray Ultra HD.
QuestionIs this for a 2 pack or just 1 ? Why do some pictures of these pictures show 2 cords and some pictures show 1 cord ?
- Answer It is 1 cable. The picture is showing both ends.
- Answer Absolutely!!!!