- Answer I had Geek Squad come and install and mount my new TV and Soundbar in the beginning of September. They do give you the option to run the cords through the wall or to leave them hang (and later buy a casing cover to attach to your wall to hide the cords). If you do choose to run the cords through the wall (I did) they will make 2 holes. The first hole is up high behind the TV where the cords go into the wall and the second is down low behind your entertainment center where the cords need to come out to connect to your devices (satellite box, DVD/Blu Ray player, game system etc...). But they CANNOT run the power cords through the wall, only the HDMI/optical/coaxial etc. cords. They will tell you that if you want the power cords (I had 2, one for my TV and one for my Soundbar) ran through the wall too that you have to call a certified electrician to do that because of safety issues. So no matter what all cords cannot be ran through the wall by Best Buy Geek Squad. Hope this helps :)
- Answer The Geek Squad is available to mount your TV no matter where it was purchased
- Answer No. Save your money. Wires be dangling and it looks very unprofessional. I had to hire someone that I was intending on using in the first place
QuestionHi! We are replacing an old, existing TV mount. Does Geek Squad remove it or should we before they come to install the new one? If they do this, is it included in the price or in addition to? Thanks!
- Answer Hi we had same situation. When we bought new tv sales person at best buy had us buy a certain mount as they one we already had was very old, wasn't sure it would work. Said the instillation team could tel us that. They did, we were able to use the one already mounted for new tv, so we just took the newly one purchased back, but they would have taken down the old and replaced with the new one if necessary, and my understanding is that is part of the installation, no extra $. hope that helps.
- Answer I just made a move this month. Geek Squad came out on mounted my TV took it to my new place remounted it reset it everything was set up perfect I highly recommend using the Geek Squad.
- Answer Yes, the geek squad delivered the new tv, installed the wall mount, mounted and programmed the new tv, then removed the old tv and all the packing materials. Excellent job. Clean and courteous.
- Answer We have a large selection of mounts for TVs in your size (http://bby.me/tbrhl). If you are thinking that you would like to be able to pull the TV away from the wall to angle it or move it around, a full motion mount may meet your needs.
QuestionWe would like a 65 inch television mounted and our condo was built in the 1970s with metal studs behind the drywall. Would this be a standard installation?
- Answer No. Additional work required to mount tv to metal studs as opposed to modern wooden studs.
QuestionIs there an extra 99 dollar fee if the tv is installed over a fireplace. There is a mount there now but it needs to be replaced with a larger one.
- Answer I believe the answer is yes / I would recommend that you ask your local Geek squad representative to find out for sure. The tv is large and I highly recommend that Geek squad install the TV. I used them and their installers were exceptional.
QuestionI have Total Tech and I am disabled. Does this service also include putting my supplied mount together? Due to the fact that my new television is 85", I had to purchase a heavy wall mount to accommodate it. I can barely lift the box the mount came in.
- Answer Yes, they will use and put together your mount even if not purchased from them. They did 4 for me.
- Answer Hi Nancy. Thanks for your great question! We may be able to do that. We'd recommend us sending out an in home adviser. This is a free service available for you. You'll be able to show us what you're wanting out of this project and we'll go over with you how we can get it done. This will take a lot of the guess work out of the equation so we can make this experience smooth for you. If you'd like to set this up, we'd recommend heading into your local Best Buy to set up an appointment. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
QuestionDoes the premium TV mounting include the wall bracket for the $199 price? I am looking to purchase a 65" TV.
- Answer Hi there. Thanks for your question! Currently, the Premium TV Mounting service does not include the mount itself. That would need to be provided to get this service completed. Feel free to head into your local Best Buy to get any assistance on tracking down the perfect mount. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Answer If you already had it mounted once and paid for the service you will have to pay for the service as 2nd time since they are hanging it again. If you buy total tech supporr for a year it will only cost $50.
QuestionI purchased a new TV that will be replacing an older wall mounted TV in my family room. In addition to the new TV install remount, will they install the old TV in a new location for me if I purchase another wall mount? Will there be an additional charge?
- Answer Yes there is an additional fee to mount the old tv in a new location. I had the same thing done. I had them remove my mounted 75 inch from the family room and mount it in the basement instead. Then they mounted my new 85 inch tv in the family room. I bought two tv mounts from another retailer and had them ready to go on the appointment date. I was charged for two tv mounting services. It’s worth it! They do precise measuring, give you ideas, suggest what they think is best, and get your approval before moving forward with drilling holes.
- Answer They installed our 55 inch TV on the wall and ran the wiring inside the wall. They took old TV to be recycled.
QuestionWhen they say "We'll route your in-wall rated cables for A/V devices through a standard-frame wall (within a single stud bay) and connect the TV power cord to an existing, nonconcealed AC power outlet" does that mean cables will be hidden behind the wall?
- Answer Audio and video cables will be hidden in the wall. Power cables are typically not rated for concealment in-wall. You would either need to purchase an in-wall power extender or have an electrician install an outlet on the wall where you would like your TV mounted to have all cables “hidden”
QuestionIf I have an old TV (52") that is currently wall-mounted, will you use old hardware to mount new TV? I am purchasing a 60" at Best Buy.
- Answer Hi Kristy - the service is for TV Mounting with a client supplied TV mount. If your existing mount is universal (supports multiple TV sizes/weights) and in good condition it might be able to be reused.
- Answer The Geek Squad disconnected and reinstalled all of the components perfectly and checked everything to make sure it was working correctly. Couldn't be more satisfied.
QuestionWhat is the difference between premium and basic mounting? If I only need the wires run through the back from the TV to the sound bar and direct TV. Is there a specific type of HDMI I have to have to run the wires in the wall?
- Answer Hi there, Nick. Thanks for the questions! Basic TV Mounting will be kind of what it sounds like - just mounting the TV up on drywall where you would like. Premium TV Mounting will do that, but connect your devices, cable wrapping so they're out of sight, and then walking you through the TV. From what you're saying, if you want it all to be done for you, that would be the Premium TV Mounting. If you're wondering what kind of HDMI you should get, that depends on the TV you are putting up. If it's a higher end TV, you do need a much better HDMI to enable that quality. If it's a lower end TV, you don't necessarily need the greatest HDMI cable. I hope this answers your questions. Please let us know if you have any further concerns!