Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $849.99
QuestionThe minimum height is 32.1 inches. What is the maximum height that this unit can be adjusted to? Does it have legs that allow it to adjust upward?
- Answer Hi Mike. Thank you for your question. This 300 Series Front Control Dishwasher can be adjusted from a minimum height of 32 1/16" to 34 7/16".
QuestionI'm a bit in shock how long the cycles are. My GE that I'm replacing had a 30 min quick wash that I loved and was completely thorough. What is the best cycle to use for less water and less time?
- Answer I think it is very efficient with water even with the long cleaning time. Actually, I think the reason it’s a long cleaning time is because it is being efficient with the water. I haven’t tried to find a shorter but it doesn’t bother me because the dishes are so incredibly clean when it’s finished! I love this dishwasher!
- Answer Fingerprint proof? Difficult to say, we'r using it in office. So no little smudgy sticky fingers! Pots and pans? What dishwasher cannot do pots and pans? Question is why would you? Better for pans to do by hand, sorry. But stainless steel I'm sure you can put in. Non stick: NEVER ! Hope this helps. Machine is awesome btw, SUPER QUIET. So quiet in fact that first time I turned it on, I thought it was not working! We love it.
- Answer I believe so.
- Answer Hi Pat, thank you for your question. Model:SGE53X55UC has a stainless steel handle.
QuestionWhere are the function keys on this model? I need these to set the water hardness level, and I cannot find them even though I follow the manual's instructions.
- Answer Hi Sharon, thank you for your question. Per the Use and Care Manual for Model:SGE53X55UC: First see page 10 for the overview of the controls which will tell you how each are designated. Then go to page 13 for these instructions: Adjusting the water softening system: The amount of salt dispensed can be set from H:00 to H:07. Salt is not required at the set value H:00. Set the softening system as follows: 1. Ask your local water utility company for the water hardness value of your tap water or use test strip. 2. Required setting can be found in the water hardness table. (same page) 3. Press On/Off button 1. 4. Hold down function key A and press Start button 6 until the display 3 indicates H:00x (x can be any number). 5. Release both buttons. The indicator of function key A flashes and the display 3 indicates H:00. Press function key C to select the desired setting. 6. Press Start button 6 to save the setting. The chosen setting has now been stored. If you are still having difficulty, please reach out to our Customer Support Team at 1-800-944-2904.
- Answer Hi Helpfully. Thank you for your question. Model:SGE53X55UC does have an enclosed bottom and our AquaStop Plus.
QuestionHi. I recently bought what I thought was 300 series Bosch model SHEM63W55N. I see online that they give a different number for 300 series. What gives? Also, I have extra Dry and no extra shine. Are they the same for drying dishes?
- Answer Hi Jano18. Thank you for your question. The Model #SHEM63W55N is currently showing sold out online. When searching for the Bosch 300 Dishwasher, the Model #SGE53X55UC does appear. That is our 300 Series ADA Model. Please contact Best Buy and check your order with them to confirm. As for the Extra Dry and Extra Shine, the both provide extended drying time and elevated temperature ti further enhance drying results and provide a brilliant shine.
QuestionWe recently purchased this dishwasher. While we love how it washes, it does a pretty crappy job drying! We used the "Normal" setting. Any suggestions on how to program our washer so that our dishes turn out DRY? Thanks in advance.
- Answer Use the sanitize and extra shine options. You should have dry and spotless dishes—I always do.
- Answer It also comes in black, which is shiny and does show fingerprints.
- Answer Yes, To both.
QuestionHi, Can you adjust the height or level the dishwasher to make it higher and fit the counter? Thanks Julie
- Answer Yes! The BB installers were able to adjust the feet. This is an ADA model so it is meant for homes with low counters for the disabled.
QuestionThe picture for the “Black” finish looks matte black or stainless steel black. Is this the traditional glossy black finish (which is what I want), or one of the newer slate or stainless finishes? It’s hard to tell from the picture & phone rep wasn’t sure.
- Answer it looks glossy black
- Answer I dont think it has the heating element at the bottom but it does dry them (not well but its there). I usually just open the door and they finish air drying on the rack. Make sure to use rise aid or they will come out very wet.
- Answer Stainless