Questions & Answers
QuestionOne bath towel, two hand towels, 2 facecloths - after two hours of drying they are still not dry. In what way is this gawdawful dryer efficient? I hate the Bosch 300 dryer and will never buy another Bosch product because of it. Con job Best Buy!
- Answer I, too had the same problem. I was stunned and disappointed, until I started playing around with the settings. If you press DRY LEVEL, you will be offered 3 choices...+1, +2, & +3. I chose +3 and my load of 1 towel set (hand, wash & bath), 2 dish towels and 1 set of queen size sheets (including pillow cases) came out bone dry! I love my drier now! Nancy
- Answer HI dav333. Thank you for your question. The child lock may have been turned on. You can secure the dryer against inadvertent changing of the set functions. To do this, activate the childproof lock after cycle start. To Activate/Deactivate, touch Time dry and Finish in buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. In the display field, you will see the D symbol light indicating the childproof lock is active. NOTICE: The childproof lock will remain activated until the next cycle start even after switching the machine off. You must deactivate the childproof lock before the next cycle and, if necessary, activate it again after starting the cycle.
- Answer Maybe, but it would very full and might not wash it right.
QuestionHi, I applied for a Best Buy credit card on Wednesday and have the approval. I would like to order the Bosch washing machine with matching (stackable) dryer. I want to make sure I'm ordering the right dryer. Standard American electrical outlet?
- Answer Hi Susan, thank you for your question. Yes, the dryer plugs in to a standard American outlet. This unit comes with a 4-prong pigtail but can easily be switched to a 3-prong depending on what style you have in your home. Also, the matching washer is 220v and plugs into the dryer so you will not need to worry so long as you are purchasing as a set.
QuestionDoes this come with 3 prong power cable? I purchased the same dryer from different company, it came with 4 prong cable and delivery person said that he cannot change it to 3 prong because it is inside and not easy to change, was not sure if it wasPossible
- Answer No, this does not come with a standard 3 prong power cable.
QuestionDoes this ventless dryer need a Smart Choice 8 ft. Semi-Rigid Dryer Vent Kit with Close Elbows? When I added installation option, the dryer vent kit was added to the shopping cart automatically. Thanks.
- Answer Hi Judy. Thank you for your question. The 300 Series Compact Dryer is ventless and does not require a vent kit.
QuestionDoes the vent in the dryer fog up windows, mirrors or wall pictures? The mirror is about six feet away from the dryer and in direct flow of condensed air when washroom door is open?
- Answer It is ventless and in my experience doesn't give off any steam whatsoever. Hopefully that's helpful!
QuestionI have a vent... Can I bypass the condenser and use this dryer as a vented dryer? If you use the condenser, where does it drain? does it connect easily with the washer's drain?
- Answer Hi there, thank you for your question. Bosch dryers are unable to be vented. The condenser will drain out through a drain hose. The dryer and washing machine's drain hoses can fit side by side in the drain pipe.
- Answer From my reading, the 800 can hold slightly more weight of clothing and towels (and I mean slightly) and the 800 has a light inside. That’s it. I couldn’t find any other differences.
QuestionDoes this dryer plug into the washer rather than the wall outlet. I am replacing a bosch dryer ventless and it plugs into the washer (or vice versa). Thanks
- Answer Hi Laurel. Thank you for your question. Our Compact Washers plug into the Dryer. The Dryer then plugs in to the wall outlet.
Question“Hello I am interested in this washer dryer pair : I happen to have NEMA- 10 -30 Plug will this work?”
- Answer Hi Bento. Thank you for your question. The 300 Series Compact Washer actually plugs into the Dryer. The Dryer then plugs into the wall and does require a 240V, NEMA 14-30 (4 prong) outlet.
QuestionPotential stupid question. But. Since the dryer is ventless, can it sit flush against a back wall—because no hose vent? Asking for depth requirement purposes. Thanks!
- Answer Hi Sullybean. Thank you for your question. Here are the minimum clearance requirements for the Dryer: Both Sides: 5/8", Top: 6 1/4", Rear 2 1/2", Front: 2 1/2".
QuestionI cannot take one more day of using my dryer. Can I buy a new dryer [not a Bosch)) and use the washer independently.?
- Answer I'm surprised you aren't happy with your Bosch Dryer. I just bought mine a month ago and love it! I suspect something might be wrong with the specific unit you have or with how it was installed. Or perhaps, the filter needs cleaning? Or maybe it's one of the settings? My dryer works beautifully and dries clothes quickly and nicely. The issue you have with switching to a different dryer is if you wish to stack it on top of the Bosch Washer and plug into the Bosch Washer. The stacking kit only works for Bosch washer/dryer and preferably same model. ( But some models are interchangeable for stacking, check with Bosch). You may also need another or different type of power outlet depending on what you buy. (LG, GE, or Whirlpool for example use 110v)
QuestionHow to I get my dryer off of Damp Dry When I hit timed dry and Finish in I just get the dryer to lock I need to dry my clothes Thanks
- Answer I do not understand your question but if you are having problems getting your clothes dry, make sure you clean the lint filter after each load and the sensors. The sensors are located inside the dryer below the lint filter and they are like two long strips of stainless steel. I clean them with a wet paper towel. I also use the Cotton Extra Dry Cucle for everything and it works really well.