Questions & Answers
- QuestionPower source (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the maximum distance you can hook up the speaker from the receiver (2 Answers)Answers
Thank you for your question. For a 150 foot run, we recommend you use 12 AWG speaker wire. A receiver or amplifier which can output at least 100 watts per channel will also help with any perceptible signal loss over that length of a run. If you have any other questions, please contact our technical support team who can assist. They can be reached at 1-800-380-4831 and are available 8:30am-10:00pm M-F, 9am-7:00pm Sat EST. Thanks!
- QuestionMatching Recevier to Bose Free Space 51s (1 Answer)
I own a Sony STR-DH130 receiver (135W x 2 @ 8ohm, 1kHz. THD 0.05%; 100W+100W @ 8phm, 1kHz, THD 1%). The recevier has A+B switching whcih allows 4 speakers to be connected. I am thinking about purchasing Bose Free Space 51 speakers. Will this receiver be able to run 4 of the Bose Free Space 51s without damaging the receiver or the speakers? If I just use 2 of the speakers and send 135 watts to each speaker will I damage them? Thanks.Answers
Thanks for your question. The Freespace 51 speakers are rated for use with a receiver which outputs between 10-100 Watts Per Channel, 4-8 Ohms. Either one or two pairs of Freespace 51 speakers should work well with your receiver without causing any damage. The speakers can certainly be connected to a receiver with a maximum output of 135 watts per channel. You would just want to be careful not to turn the volume up too loud (past 50 - 60%) and overdrive the speakers (this is where the speakers could be damaged). If you have any further questions, please contact our technical support team who can assist. They can be reached at 1-800-380-4831 and are available 8:30am-10:00pm M-F, 9am-7:00pm Sat EST. Thank you.
- QuestionCould these spkrs be used as front spkrs on a surround system? (1 Answer)
- QuestionDo the speakers sound different when buried? (1 Answer)
- QuestionAny suggestions for a receiver which would Be stored outside? I was thinking of mounting a receiver inside one of those fake hollow rocks? I have electric outlet, just want to connect wirelessly to a receive and play music from my iPhone to speakers (0 Answers)
- QuestionI want to use these speakers by my pool area but wireless and kept outside 24/7. how would I make these speakers wireless and with a permanent solution? Unless there are waterproof receivers? (1 Answer)Answers
Hello David, thank you for your interest in the Bose FreeSpace 51 speakers. We recommend hard wiring the speakers and keeping your electronics in a weather proof environment. We are unfamiliar with any companies that produce wireless and waterproof receivers for your application. Thank you for the inquiry.
- QuestionWhat is the coldest outdoor temperature they can handle? More specifically can they survive a Minnesota winter or would I need to bring them indoors in the fall? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionI would like to use these speakers for an outdoor swim club. I would like to purchase 8 speakers total. What kind of receiver do I need to use all 8? It will cover a large outdoor area. I would also like to stream music. (1 Answer)Answers
Hello Mike. Thank you for the great question. This sounds like it will be an awesome outdoor setup! There are a few ways you could accomplish this. You could look for a multi-room power amplifier, but since you mentioned streaming music is going to be important, we'd recommend trying two of our Bose SA-5 Amplifiers. These amplifiers can accommodate up to 4 FreeSpace 51 Speakers on each amplifier. They will have both Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi streaming capabilities with our free Bose SoundTouch Application. Even though you would have two separate amplifiers, you will be able to group them within the SoundTouch App, so that all 8 speakers can be playing the same music. We hope this helps to answer your question!
- QuestionWho does the installation? Bose technician or BestBuy technician? If Bestbuy,, are they knowledgeable enough with your product? I would like to purchase this but not confident enough to install on my own. (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions