Questions & Answers
- SOUNDLINK MINI SOFT COVER BLUE
Your price for this item is $11.99
The regular price is $24.99
QuestionCan Sound Link Mini speaker be connected to AC power source all the time without damaging the battery?
- Answer The Bose Soundlink Mini has a lithium Ion battery. Lithium Ion batteries have been shown to lose capacity if constantly charged. On the flipside, completely discharging them for an extended period of time will also diminish their capacity. They are much more durable to the older NiMH and NiCd batteries as they do not suffer from "memory effect". The Bose Soundlink Mini has a multi-colored power indicator. Flashing yellow means charging. Green is a charge of 70%-100%. Solid yellow is 20%-70%. Red indicates 20% or below. Ideally you will want to keep the charge between 20%-100%. I would recommend charging it full then using it wireless. Once it hits yellow, use it for a few more hours wireless while still yellow then charge it fully. This should maximize battery life. Luckily for you. Bose made this speaker with a replaceable battery while virtually all other Bluetooth speakers have an un-serviceable battery.
- Answer Our SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker is designed to be used whether it is actively charging or not. There is no concern when using it while charging, although it will charge at a slower rate. Thanks for the question!
QuestionDoes this item have a 3.5mm input?In addition to my bluetooth smartphone, I have an old mp3 player without bluetooth and would like to be able to use it with a speaker.
- Answer Yes. The SoundLink Mini speaker features a standard 3.5mm AUX input on the back that can be connected to a non-Bluetooth device with a headphone jack. Thanks!
- Answer Bluetooth only allows two devices to be connected with streaming music. Your source device (tablet, phone, etc.) can only be connected to one Bluetooth speaker at any given time. Thanks!
- Answer Thank you for your question. The USB connection on the SoundLink Mini speaker is for possible future software updates. (Currently there are no updates available.)
QuestionIs there a way to power this with AC to avoid using the Li-ion battery?I like the portability of this device, but would also like to use it as a stationary computer speaker which would mean I'd have it powered on most hours of the day. To avoid straining the battery, is there an option to plug it in directly to an outlet? If turned on while sitting on the dock, does it use the battery or the incoming current from the AC?
- Answer When connected to an outlet our SoundLink Mini speaker does not receive its power from the battery, only from the A/C current. The system comes packaged with a wall charger. Thanks!
- Answer An XM radio home kit can be connected to the rear 3.5 mm AUX input on our SoundLink Mobile Bluetooth speaker. Thanks!
Questionwe do not keep all our music on our iphones. we use ipod nanos. can we plug in the nano to this device? love the portability of this unit.
- Answer You can run a cord directly to the speaker. The cord is not included with the speaker. The cord runs from the headphone jack to the speaker.
- Answer The SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker’s Bluetooth link is capable of stable operation up to 30 feet (10 meters). Performance can be diminished by obstacles such as walls or metal, and may also be affected by device manufacturers’ Bluetooth implementations. Thanks for your question.
- Answer Thanks for your question. If your TV offers an analog audio output, the SoundLink Mini system can provide audio via the 3.5mm AUX audio input connection. While some TV’s are able to output audio via Bluetooth, we recommend a connected audio cable due to potential performance issues. Thank you
QuestionIs there a solution for interruptions in sound when connected to iPod Touch?Our Bose Soundlink Mini is two weeks old, using with an iPod Touch 4th gen-- great sound! However, we are experiencing frequent brief hiccups (tiny interruptions in continuous sound flow), whether using music stored on the iPod or streaming radio through different wifi broadband networks. This ruins the value of this speaker for us. Is there a fix? Would a newer iPod or iPad work any better?
- Answer We apologize for the audio issue you're experiencing. Our technical support team is available to assist with troubleshooting. We recommend calling them at 1-800-380-4831 betweem 8:30am-10:00pm M-F, 9am-7:00pm Sat EST and they can help to find a solution for you. Thank you.
QuestionCan you play a Ipod Nano using a plug in cable from the Ipod to the Bose Mini?I have a old Ipod Nano and need to know if you can plug in from using a connective cable from the Ipod Nano directly to the Bose Mini?
- Answer Yes. Any device with a standard 3.5mm headphone output can be connected to the AUX jack on the back of the SoundLink Mini. This includes all versions of the iPod Nano. Thanks!
QuestionNo bluetooth on TVI want sound by my chair from my Sony TV (large room) that does not have Bluetooth. Is there a way to connect so I can use the speaker for localized sound?
- Answer We do not recommend using the SoundLink Mini speaker for TV audio through Bluetooth. There will likely be an audio delay introduced in the signal that will impact sound from video sources. Thanks.
QuestionThe mini Bluetooth need to be more advance, it's costly should at least come with a protective carry bag, why is there not a remote control for this d
- Answer Regarding the 2nd part of your question: I cannot speak with certainty, but this could be part of a new corporate movement to get people to move more in the hopes of fighting the obesity pandemic.