Questions & Answers
- Answer The Brother MFC-J805DWXL has one paper tray.
QuestionRegarding the scheduled automatic cartridge cleaning feature, does this printer need to be powered on all the time or just merely plugged in?
- Answer When the Brother MFCJ805DWXL is off, it will still periodically clean its printhead to maintain print quality. To prolong the length of the printhead, provide better ink efficiency, and maintain print quality, you should keep your Brother MFCJ805DWXL plugged in at all times.
QuestionWhy is the XL version of this printer $100 more than the non-XL version, ie, $259 instead of $159?
- Answer The Brother MFC-J805DW XL includes up to 2-Years of ink in-box. The Brother MFC-J805DW includes up to 1-Year of ink in-box.
QuestionI have a MacBook Pro and it does not have a CD slot. Do I need a CD slot in order to install for the initial set up? What about future updates?
- Answer The Brother MFCJ805DWXL can be installed without a CD. You can download the latest drivers from our website support.brother.com using the link below: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj805dw_us
- Answer The Brother MFCJ805DWXL can be wired to the computer via USB cable.
- Answer Here's the recommended paper for the Brother MFC-J805DWXL. https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156594